recording with delayed playback

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey all at GN,

When i record into my comp, with my mixer, audio interface, etc, i use audacity as my editing and recording program. its easy and i like it, but theres one thing i hate. i kno that when recording into comps and whatever, there is a delay from when it is played to when it reaches the comp, so i thought id just play the first track through windows media player and record the next track at the same time then edit it together, but sadly the first track is getting re-recorded when i record a second track. what causes audacity or my comp to do this, can i prevent it, and without having to pay $$$ to create less delay.

all responses are appreciated. Thanks

Jordan

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

(@hueseph)
Noble Member

The quick answer. Double click the speaker icon on the bottom right hand corner of the screeen/properties/options/recording/click ok. Now make sure that "What u hear", "radio", "auxiliary" or anything that is not the line in of your interface is muted.

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@johnnywhiteshoes)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

thanks for the help hueseph i'll try it out

"If you give a man a Les Paul guitar, he doesn't become Eric Clapton. If you give a man an amp and a synthesizer, he doesn't become whoever. He doesn't become us." - Roger Waters, Pink Floyd

ReplyQuote