Sound delay(lag). Please help me!

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@klangen86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hello ladies and gents.

I have a really annoying problem that I can't seem to fix.
When I try to record more than one track I get a lag on the sound (I'm not recording more than one track at the same time, just adding a track for example vocals). It starts off in perfect sync but then the longer it records, the greater the "lag" gets. Since it's not a constant lag it's impossible to correct it manually. On my last computer I had no such issues... it had a SB live in it too.

I've tried different softwares (Magix Studio 2005, cubase etc)= and I have the same problem in all of em

I'm running a p4 3ghz with 4gig ram, SB Live(latest drivers) and a brand new seagate HD (7200rpm).

Any help would be appreciated!

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Hello ladies and gents.
SB Live(latest drivers)

I hate to say it, but the soundblaster itself is likely the source of your problem. You can try the ASIO4all drivers for it, but if the problem is a low quality clock on the card itself, your only option will be a sound card that can keep a consistent internal time.

Oh - are you using Vista? I just upgraded my laptop *and* my desktop to new systems that came with Vista installed. I quickly found out Vista was pretty much useless as a recording platform until the drivers for my Omega and my Delta 66 get finished. :evil: :evil: :evil:

If you opt for new hardware, make sure it has drivers for your operating system!

64 Studio and Ubuntu Studio (linux) both work very well with my new systems though. I can still get some work done :)

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

in Cubase you can alter the buffers to reduce latency.
IMO it sounds like latency between tracks is the problem.
I have a soundblaster sound card. everything works great.
I use Cubase.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@klangen86)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies guys!

I fixed the issue. Got the latest AISO drivers and now it works perfect in Reaper at least. haven't tried Magix but I never really liked that software anyways.

ReplyQuote