Notifications
Clear all

Windows Vista and GP5 trouble..

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@easydelta)
Topic starter  

I use RSE and make a song using Guitar Pro 5. No problem there. Than when i try to export it as a .wav file, no sound comes out when I try to playback the saved file.

I have read the help and stuff, and I use Windows Vista. I don't know how to check to see if anything is muted. I use the Options>Windows Volume Control but it DOES NOT WORK!

I have THREE CHOICES to export as wav file: Primary Sound Capture Device [doesn't work], Microphone/Line In [does not WORK], and Microphone Array [gets the FMOD error: unsupported file or format.]

PLEASE help me guys, I'm getting frustrated!

I opened the Volum control but there is no "Stereo Mixer" thing, theres like nothing there. I used XP and i would be able to do it cuz i know exactly what you guys mean, but Vista seems to be missing it!

Please help me.

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

I use RSE and make a song using Guitar Pro 5. No problem there. Than when i try to export it as a .wav file, no sound comes out when I try to playback the saved file.

I have read the help and stuff, and I use Windows Vista. I don't know how to check to see if anything is muted. I use the Options>Windows Volume Control but it DOES NOT WORK!

I have THREE CHOICES to export as wav file: Primary Sound Capture Device [doesn't work], Microphone/Line In [does not WORK], and Microphone Array [gets the FMOD error: unsupported file or format.]

Open the saved wav file with Windows Media Player.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@easydelta)
Topic starter  

No that's it, it won't PLAY. I tried to acces the volume control mix panel but all the options that were available on XP are GONE on Vista! thers no "Line In" or "stereo" option to mute/un-mute it, all it has is one volume switch, called "PC Speakers" and it does NOTHING.

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

No that's it, it won't PLAY. I tried to acces the volume control mix panel but all the options that were available on XP are GONE on Vista! thers no "Line In" or "stereo" option to mute/un-mute it, all it has is one volume switch, called "PC Speakers" and it does NOTHING.

OK

First Open the control panel

Open Hardware and Sound

Under Sound. select manage audio devices

Select Speakers

Select the levels tab

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

What is RSE?

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

What is RSE?

Real Sound Engine

It's the software synthesizer in Guitar Pro that creates guitar sounds that are much better sounding than the typical computer soundcard MIDI synth can create.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

XP had problems running programs that had originally been written to run on 95 or 98.
One way around this was to run the program in 95 or 98 compatability mode. luckily Vista has this built in as well.
maybe it will help.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/using-windows-vista-compatibility-mode/

#4491....

ReplyQuote