Skip to content
3 FREE Beginner Blu...

Notifications
Clear all

3 FREE Beginner Blues/Rock E videos posted Enjoy!

44 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
13.1 K Views
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Beginner Level - Three videos with three songs. Each song has 3 chords using basic shapes. Mostly strummed with some limited picking. No fingerpicking in these. I made these 3 small videos to share. Beginners will like them because of the easy chords and a few cool licks.

1. 2.6mb Mojo Workin' - a strummed version of Muddy Water's masterpiece that closed all of his live shows

2. 1.2mb Susie Q - Creedence Clearwater's cool groovin tune strummed with some simple notes added

3. 1.5mb Down on the Bajou - Creedence Down on the Bajou mostly strummed with some individual notes added

===============================
If you like these I have more free online video lessons on my personal website and even more on APM Magazine. There are also some paid lessons but these links will provide about a dozen or more free ones using fingerpicking and flatpicking techniques.

Thanks for checking these out and I hope it helps some more people PLAY! Please do all you can to teach others and promote guitar playing. Please feel free to email or send your friends these videos. You can have them and do whatever you like with them.

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 27/12/2004 9:11 pm
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

Pretty cool, I especially liked the first one, real cool beat goin on there.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

Posted : 28/12/2004 4:48 am
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Hey Little Brother....I like them, will be fun playing. Do you have the suzie q tabbed out? I don't practice with the pc here. Thanks for the post.

If it was easy it wouldn't be worth doing.

Posted : 28/12/2004 8:43 am
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Sorry no tabs. Just a simple video only. Thanks :)

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 28/12/2004 1:17 pm
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

It must be just me then, can't see what you are fretting clearly and have no idea at times what you are doing with the other hand that is not in the video. Thanks anyway.

Posted : 28/12/2004 11:12 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi Joseph,

The same basic chord shapes in all 3 videos but in Susie Q it's E7 most of the time which is fretting like this 0-2-2-1-3-0 then you go to A7 which is x-0-2-2-2-3 then C7 which is x-3-2-3-1-0 then last is B7 x-2-1-2-0-2

As far as the notes on the run I showed them about as clear as I could for a free-bee and the picking hand is just doing simple strumming to a beat. You can flex that to what you like best.

You might go to I-Tunes or Amazon.com and search on Creedence free samples and they might have one you can listen too and play along and I think it would come to you very quickly.

Hope that helps :)
LB

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 28/12/2004 11:35 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I can see it pretty clearly.

Tell me which one are you having an issue with and I'll post the tab.

Posted : 29/12/2004 12:00 am
(@josephlefty)
Reputable Member

Thanks LB, I will work on strumming those chords. The 7's are not in my usual practice routine. They are now. Thanks.

Nick, it is the few notes before the bend that are not clear to me.

Posted : 29/12/2004 12:10 am
 klim
(@klim)
Reputable Member

Hey Little Brother,

Thanks for the inspiration and the teaching. I love the blues, but I am always having problems with tabs on the rhythm and timing of strumming and picking.

So it's fantastic to actually see a great player showing us newbies the ropes.

Thanks Again,

Kenny

Posted : 29/12/2004 5:46 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks Joseph and Kenny,

You have no idea how rewarded I am when I see beginners getting something out of my Internet adventures. I really really hope and visualize a huge acoustic boom where people worldwide start playing. If just 50 people in every state and country were taking part and playing and joining these forums we would see a massive surge in guitar playing and music. Please spread the word to others and pay it forward as that one movie said. Pay it forward and help someone else and the snowball keeps growing.

Thanks to Nick for letting me post this stuff and making such a great site. I am reading all the articles and materials on this site and I really am enjoying myself.

Warm Regards,
Doug - LB

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 29/12/2004 6:23 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I'll only take credit for being the "Mother of All Moderators" on the forums.

Posted : 29/12/2004 6:25 pm
(@sre123_2002)
Estimable Member

thanks for posting the videos. they are really helpful.

Posted : 07/01/2005 4:04 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

thanks for posting the videos. they are really helpful.

My extreme pleasure thanks for taking advantage of them and this great site.

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 07/01/2005 5:08 pm
(@acoustica)

Thanks for those Little brother, I have learned more from those little videos than any instructional books I have. I look forward to ordering you DVD.

Thanks again

Kim

Posted : 10/01/2005 4:22 am
(@jadda918)
Trusted Member

Love the videos, just got really inspired again.Thanks

"Life Is Beautiful,
Life Is A Struggle,
Life Is A Beautiful Struggle" - Mos Def

Posted : 13/01/2005 6:41 am
Page 1 / 3