Skip to content
3 FREE Beginner Blu...

Notifications
Clear all

3 FREE Beginner Blues/Rock E videos posted Enjoy!

44 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
13.1 K Views
(@mbroughton)
Eminent Member

A big thank you from me as well for posting the blues videos Little Brother.

They were pitched at just the right level for me (and doubtless other relative guitar beginners). Difficult enough to be testing and to give your hands and head something to think about, but easy enough to understand and at least enable you to get up and running with some semblance of a tune after a short while.

Enjoyed your accent as well. Top stuff!

Posted : 13/01/2005 1:19 pm
(@sapho)
Estimable Member

Lil'bro, if only everyone who could teach a tune would do what you've done- thanks so much. I'm trying it on my nylon classic guitar so it sounds muted and not in the same key somehow. I'm working on the catchy rthym articulation that you do but it'll take awhile. It really requires a pick which I don't like to use normally. If you know anything spanish maybe like that theme song to Desperados, "...me gusta tocar guitara..." or something like that..I'd like to learn something like that.

Portamento - The ability to move from a wrong note to the right one without anyone noticing the original mistake.
Harmonics - The buzzing sound that string instruments make.
Impromptu - A carefully worked out composition.

Posted : 29/01/2005 3:58 pm
(@corbind)
Noble Member

I click on the link, Windows Media Player comes up, then I get this popup error message:

Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again.

Any clues?

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

Posted : 29/01/2005 8:20 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I click on the link, Windows Media Player comes up, then I get this popup error message:

Windows Media Player cannot play this file. Connect to the Internet or insert the removable media on which the file is located, and then try to play the file again.

Any clues?

Hi Corbind,

I dont know why they wont play. If you have a PC you can right click on the links and choose SAVE TARGET AS and save them to your hard disk. IF you have a Mac then you might hold the option key then click the link to download them. I just tested them and they are working. You may want to make sure you have the latest windows media player version installed to. Hope this helps.

Thanks
Doug

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 29/01/2005 8:59 pm
(@andy-lyne)

Fantastic! I found these video clips really inspiring. Have just ordered your DVD. :P

Are you doing any gigs in England Little Brother?

Thanks
Andy (guitar novice)

Posted : 29/01/2005 11:15 pm
(@weedyrs)
Eminent Member

good stuff

Posted : 15/02/2005 10:14 pm
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Great stuff Little Brother. I love the sound of the 7 chords but havent practised them too much but these three videos are just the ticket and they sound great on my new G series Takamine. So its down with the electric for a few days untill I can nail these three tunes.

Great freebie lessons and your site looks pretty cool too

Thanks.

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 18/02/2005 8:29 pm
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

AWSOME videos and right at my level.

You've made another customer, and relieved me of my putting my credit card number in cyberspace phobia, which I have been happily nursing for many years.

Cheers,

Max

Posted : 19/02/2005 2:57 am
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Fantastic! I found these video clips really inspiring. Have just ordered your DVD. :P

Are you doing any gigs in England Little Brother?

Thanks
Andy (guitar novice)

Thanks Andy, and everyone for checking this out. No I have not been to England but I hope to make the trip one day for some blues and a few pints. Thanks for asking and I do appreciate everyone's kindness and interest.

Thanks for supporting Guitar Noise and all the good being done here.

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 28/02/2005 2:49 am
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

That is one great lesson! My only problem is that neither can I see what chords you're making, nor can I hear the strumming pattern... :oops:

But I'm sure I will get it in time!

"Trying is the first step towards failure."

Posted : 27/04/2005 9:22 am
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Does anyone have mojo in tab?

Posted : 10/05/2005 1:36 pm
(@azertyuiop201)
Trusted Member

thanks for the videos , that sounds just amazing.

Love the way it's brought ( good cameraposition )

Posted : 10/05/2005 2:53 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks azertyuiop201 I appreciate you checking that out.

Hi Pamparius,

Mojo working is based on some really simple chords. Let me try and show you the frets to press now. Hopefully this makes sense for Mojo Working

0-7-6-7-5-0 The E7 chord
x-x-3-2-4-1 fingers that go on those notes

x-0-2-2-2-3 The A7 chord
x-x-1-1-1-3 fingers I use

x-2-1-2-0-3 B7 chord
x-2-1-3-x-4 fingers I use

Index finger =1
middle =2
ring finger =3
pinky=4

Strings 6-5-4-3-2-1

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 10/05/2005 3:19 pm
(@pamparius)
Estimable Member

Thanks littlebrother. :D

Will see if I can get my mojo working...hehe :roll: (nobody saw that coming)

Posted : 10/05/2005 6:15 pm
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks littlebrother. :D

Will see if I can get my mojo working...hehe :roll: (nobody saw that coming)

great. I also do some 7th chords in a walkdown like so. Forgot to put that in :)

0-0-0-4-3-4 E7
0-0-0-3-2-3 D#7
0-0-0-2-1-2 D7

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 10/05/2005 6:46 pm
Page 2 / 3