Notifications
Clear all

Angus Young - Ac/Dc

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@angus80)
Topic starter

Dear friends, I've build a website/tribute to Angus Young. Are there many fans of this small man around?
I'd like you could help me to find pics, interviews and other stuff which I could publish. There are several languages available!
Feel free to contact me, the url is THIS!

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:20 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Oh boy, wait till Wes sees this. ;)

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:31 pm
(@anuradha)

My dad would like that :D

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:35 pm
(@angus80)
Topic starter

If you mean that it's spam, this is not correct. I think it's worth to advertise a job which took many hours and from which I get satisfaction only from the visitors.

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:44 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN angus80.
yes there are quite a few Angus fans lurking about here.
nice site,
btw blue print on a black background is hard to read, especially for those of us a bit long in the tooth.

jfyi~ we have a forum for site promotion, and also one for introducing yourself.

#4491....

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:46 pm
(@angus80)
Topic starter

Welcome to GN angus80.
yes there are quite a few Angus fans lurking about here.

jfyi~ we have a forum for site promotion, and also one for introducing yourself.

Sorry for this!

Posted : 06/09/2007 12:52 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

If you mean that it's spam, this is not correct. I think it's worth to advertise a job which took many hours and from which I get satisfaction only from the visitors.

No, I mean that Wes is a big Angus fan. :D

Posted : 06/09/2007 1:22 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

If you mean that it's spam,
I don't think that's what he means. Wes often refers to Angus' guitar sound to point out that it's possible to get a great heavy classic-rock tone without much distortion, and without effects. Pretty much just guitar + amp, as your site confirms on the "guitars" page.

Nice job, by the way! :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 06/09/2007 1:29 pm
(@angus80)
Topic starter

If you mean that it's spam,
I don't think that's what he means. Wes often refers to Angus' guitar sound to point out that it's possible to get a great heavy classic-rock tone without much distortion, and without effects. Pretty much just guitar + amp, as your site confirms on the "guitars" page.

Nice job, by the way! :)

Thanks mates!
I hope that you can enjoy my pages and hopefully someone can give some material/help to improve them! My contact is in the website.
Bye!

Posted : 06/09/2007 1:33 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

There are several languages available!
Manca il spagnolo! :(

Nice site and nice job!

Congrats! :D

Posted : 06/09/2007 1:39 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Heck, it's even in Dutch! Anyway, it would be cool if you could get a 'signature style' page where you go a bit more in-depth on how Angus plays, what his signature licks are and how he usually deals with such things as blues forms etc. Yeah, tons of work but would be cool, right? :D

Posted : 06/09/2007 1:43 pm
(@angus80)
Topic starter

Heck, it's even in Dutch! Anyway, it would be cool if you could get a 'signature style' page where you go a bit more in-depth on how Angus plays, what his signature licks are and how he usually deals with such things as blues forms etc. Yeah, tons of work but would be cool, right? :D

Yes indeed! Actually I am searching for a REAL guitarist (I'm playing but I'm crappy!) who could take care of a section of the site like that which you have described.

Maybe one of you?!!! If you are ready for this, please send me a PM or an e-mail!! I can't offer money but of course a big "thanks" on the website.

Posted : 06/09/2007 2:40 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

Not a fan of AC/DC at all, but I am a big fan of Angus Young and that's a pretty awesome site for a great guitarist. ;)

Nice job designing it.

Posted : 06/09/2007 2:53 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Angus80

Welcome to GuitarNoise!

And yes, I am a huge fan of Angus Young. I love his energy on stage and his straight-forward guitar style. I don't care for all these super-noodlers than play a million notes. No, give me a player like Angus who simply ROCKS.

But I am not a fanatic about the guy or anything, there are other similar players I've always liked. Paul Kossoff of Free has always been one of my favorite players. He was before Angus, and if you listen carefully you can tell Angus was heavily influenced by Koss, especially his famous vibrato. Angus has awesome vibrato, but Paul Kossoff had it first. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqGOVWeD_Mc

Now you know where Angus got his vibrato.

And of modern players I especially like Slash. He has the same straight forward "mainstream" classic lead guitar style. Like I said, not a million super fast notes (but plenty fast), but knows how to hit those great sounding notes with tons of soul and energy.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 06/09/2007 8:32 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Looks a good site from the quick look-over I've had - I'm a big AC/DC fan, but don't forget Malcolm - he's a GREAT rhythm guitarist!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 06/09/2007 8:32 pm
Page 1 / 2