Notifications
Clear all

Angus Young - Ac/Dc

20 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@guitarhack)
Reputable Member

another Angus fan here. in fact, because of him, from the time i picked up a guitar i wanted an SG. it took me a long time, but last year i finally bought one. though i love Iommi, no one has ever looked cooler holding a Gibson SG than Angus.

Dan

Posted : 06/09/2007 8:38 pm
(@97reb)
Noble Member

I knew a fellow musician years ago that was more a fan of Fleetwood Mac "lady singer" era. He was confused about AC/DC and their popularity. I informed him the riff and rythym was what kept AC/DC going strong. You might not like the lyrics, but the simple jam, just kicked hard. He was just clueless. AC/DC is not my favorite, but I really do appreciate all the guys that have been in the band through the years

It is a small world for metal fanatics. I welcome you fellow musicians, especially the metalheads!

Posted : 07/09/2007 1:52 am
(@angus80)
Topic starter

Angus80

Welcome to GuitarNoise!

And yes, I am a huge fan of Angus Young. I love his energy on stage and his straight-forward guitar style. I don't care for all these super-noodlers than play a million notes. No, give me a player like Angus who simply ROCKS.

But I am not a fanatic about the guy or anything, there are other similar players I've always liked. Paul Kossoff of Free has always been one of my favorite players. He was before Angus, and if you listen carefully you can tell Angus was heavily influenced by Koss, especially his famous vibrato. Angus has awesome vibrato, but Paul Kossoff had it first. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqGOVWeD_Mc

Now you know where Angus got his vibrato.

And of modern players I especially like Slash. He has the same straight forward "mainstream" classic lead guitar style. Like I said, not a million super fast notes (but plenty fast), but knows how to hit those great sounding notes with tons of soul and energy.

Ok, nice to hear a bit of history! I also do like Slash very much.

Posted : 07/09/2007 5:52 am
(@angus80)
Topic starter

There are several languages available!
Manca il spagnolo! :(

Nice site and nice job!

Congrats! :D

Thanks!
In fact, Spanish is missing and hopefully someone can help to translate the site into your nice language! :D

Posted : 07/09/2007 9:43 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

You need an image of Angus with the Pick of Destiny! Incidentally, I'm currently on the hunt for that pick. If you happen upon it I may have to hunt you down for it. :twisted:

Great page. I'm a fan of the Bon Scott years. Back in Black is an alright ablum too but I can't handle that Brian Johnson's Screeching. 8)

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 07/09/2007 5:08 pm
Page 2 / 2