Cautious of Musicia...

Notifications
Clear all

Cautious of Musician's Friend

28 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@Anonymous)

I thought I should tell you about the bad experience I had with Musician's Friend since I know just about everyone here posts links to them...

I had ordered a tuner/metronome over 3 weeks ago along with some other items...when they came in they had sent me the wrong tuner. Of course I called and did the whole return process. They received the return in 2 days but it sat on their docks for ONE WEEK until I called and they located it. Their supervisor said they would send the replacement out IMMEDIATELY...

Another week goes by still no tuner...I called AGAIN and the supervisor said he would EXPRESS it out to me and I should have received it this past Wednesday...I called on Wednesday since I STILL did not receive the tuner the NEXT supervisor told me it was NOT EXPRESSED but just sent First Class Mail. Even that supervisor said I should have NEVER been told it was expressed when it wasn't. So HE said I will receive it by today (Friday)..

Well today STILL NO TUNER!!!!! I called AGAIN and THIS supervisor says there isn't anything he can do!!!!! I asked for them to EXPRESS another one out so I'd have it by Monday and he said it wouldn't be cost effective for them to do so!!! THEY'RE the one's that screwed up in the first place!! He said all he'd be WILLING to do is refund my money!

Now I understand that orders can get messed up so I wasn't mad when I had to return the wrong tuner. But the runaround I have been receiving while trying to get the matter resolved is UNACCEPTABLE!! I highly DOUBT I will EVER purchase anything from this company again...!

I know this may offend some of you since you probably have had good experiences with Musician's Friend and you will continue to order from them. But I just wanted others to be cautious...I judge companies by how they handle mistakes and not how good they are the first time...

Posted : 29/07/2005 5:32 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

This isn't the first time I've heard of a bad experience at MF. But others here have had good luck.

Personally, I avoid them.

-Laz

Posted : 29/07/2005 6:25 pm
(@Anonymous)

Who do you order from Laz? It seems that Musician's Friend has the best prices on most things...but I'll pay a little more for better service...

Thanks

Posted : 29/07/2005 7:31 pm
(@shibby)
Estimable Member

Lots of places do price matching. So you can get the MF price at another website.

Posted : 29/07/2005 7:59 pm
(@gunslinger)
Reputable Member

I've never had a bad experience with them, but I'm certainly going to be keeping this in mind before ordering anything else from them.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. It seems like when it rains, it pours.

Our songs also have the standard pop format: Verse, chorus, verse, chorus, solo, bad solo. All in all, I think we sound like The Knack and the Bay City Rollers being molested by Black Flag and Black Sabbath.

Kurt Cobain

Posted : 29/07/2005 11:57 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Funny, I just remembered I had a similar problem with them with a tuner. I ordered it and it just never came. After about 5 phone calls I canceled.

I ordered the same one from Music123 and it was here 3 days later and for the same price. 3 or 4 days after that the one from MF arrived. I sent it back even though they had already credited my card and I never heard from them again.

Had lots of luck with Music123 with various small pieces and a couple of guitars. Getting ready to order an amp from them.

However, any company can have problems but like you said it is a matter of how they deal with it.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 30/07/2005 12:09 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I use Music123. I haven't any experience with MF.

Posted : 30/07/2005 12:47 am
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

I think the problem with buying over the 'Net is that the stores don't have the products in stock. And it's nice to be able to look at and touch the stuff in a real store.

Luckily I have found a small, local shop that will match any advertised 'Net price: I just print out the page and take it in. They may not have it in stock either but seem to be able to get it in faster than the chains.

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 30/07/2005 1:51 am
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

I just have my local GC order what I want and they match whatever price musiciansfriend has it at...and of course there's no shipping charge.

Posted : 30/07/2005 3:28 am
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

I just have my local GC order what I want and they match whatever price musicians friend has it at...and of course there's no shipping charge.
If I remember correctly Musicians Friend and GC are one in the same so they should match prices. Important to remember for future reference.

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 30/07/2005 4:28 am
(@xeran)
Eminent Member

I've used Zzounds.com before. they were pretty good about things :)

Lost hope in life? Visit http://bobsagetonline.com

Posted : 30/07/2005 5:24 am
(@Anonymous)

Well for those that want to comparison shop there is a site called PriceGrabber and they have a music section HERE.

They do all the comparison for you and even take into account sales tax and shipping...

I totally forgot about this site...I used to look for computer parts there when I built my computer a year ago. I didn't even know they had a music section...

Posted : 30/07/2005 7:51 pm
(@xeran)
Eminent Member

Oh I definatly use that site often. I never thought of looking there for music, either.

Lost hope in life? Visit http://bobsagetonline.com

Posted : 30/07/2005 8:55 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Who do you order from Laz? It seems that Musician's Friend has the best prices on most things...but I'll pay a little more for better service...

Thanks

Well, I have a Sam Ash store nearby (nice), and a GC a bit further (not as nice), so I can touch most anything, plus a Daddy's Junk Music for used stuff. I've bought from Sam Ash online with no problems, and I've had success with eBay.

Your mileage may vary...

-Laz

Posted : 31/07/2005 10:38 pm
 TimL
(@timl)
Eminent Member

I have three big music stores within 10 minutes of each other (GC, Sam Ash and a local store - Victor's House of Music), so I'm in pretty good shape too. Good if you need something, bad for GAS attacks.

Posted : 01/08/2005 8:12 pm
Page 1 / 2