Clear all

Fretboard Geography

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@garlandpool)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Fretboard Geography :: Know where you are, where you can go, and how to get there without getting lost:
The Rosetta Stone Of Guitar

If you're interested in learning how to move freely across the fretboard, from way down low to way up high without ever hitting a sour note...this site is for you! I have slaved and slaved to create it. I have never seen this approach used before. It's what I wished someone would have shown me when I started. I was mad at the whole world when I realized it was this simple. This is the sort of thing any virtuoso knows and sees but so many find it difficult to explain to anyone who doesn't already see it for himself.
Take a look at the site. If you like what you see, be sure to tell me. I will need some encouragement for when I sit down to create the section on chords. If you think you've seen anything like it before, be sure to tell me. I am under the impression that there's nothing quite like it out there...anywhere.

rSoGuitar ~ Learn to "see" the music ~ visual music theory for guitar.
http://www.rosettastoneofguitar.com

Posted : 10/07/2005 6:31 am
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

Well, it bears a similarity to "guitargrids", but I suspect it is an improvment on it.
The chords section is likely to be the most interesting to me personally. Is the actual chord section written, but not yet demo'd, or is it not ready at all?
Will I buy?
Yes, almost certainly. Is it a download book, or an actual hard-copy?
Will you ship to the UK?

Will this thread be deleted as spam? I hope not.

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

Posted : 10/07/2005 8:58 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That's why I moved it to where it belonged. :D

Posted : 10/07/2005 1:02 pm
(@garlandpool)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

First of all, I'd like to thank the administrator for moving this stuff to where it belongs. Thanks Nick. After I posted I saw the correct catagory, but by then couldn't move it (as far as I knew how).

Gino, I'd be glad to ship to the UK. It's an actual book. It takes you through the fundamentals of navigating the complete solo and chord map. The purpose of the book is to enable a player to know exactly how many chords are available, where they are and how to find them/move through them without getting lost. Likewise, the solo section covers how to navigate the entire fretboard, from one end to the other, without ever hitting notes that aren't on the map.
Using these two concepts, two guitarists can sit down together and just start playing/composing/improvising progressions and solos that never betray one-another.
My band and I have done entire shows using this method. Most people don't ever even realize that we are making up most of it right there.
The book is printed and ready to go. I've been selling copies of it locally for a few years. I've just recently made it available online. I've also started constructing the animated companion. It should be completed by the end of the summer as well as any videos we might compose to go with it. My current policy is: customers who purchase the book before the animated companion and any supporting videos are completed will receive those materials when they become available at no additional cost.
Gino, thanks for inquiring and I hope to hear from you again!

Posted : 10/07/2005 6:30 pm
 Gino
(@gino)
Trusted Member

Within the next two weeks, you will.

If you dont hear from me please PM me and remind me to buy! (Seriously).

:)

I say and write what I'm thinking, then wish I hadnt.
My only redeeming feature is that I'm honest.

Posted : 10/07/2005 9:42 pm
(@garlandpool)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Cool! Looking forward to it!
:wink:

Posted : 11/07/2005 5:10 pm