Clear all

Guitar Lessons on Comcast Cable

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sinister_hack)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so if I'm out 'o line here, mods, please feel free to move this to where its more appropriate.

If you have Comcast cable tv with On Demand you probably have access to some free video guitar lessons. I'm not sure if this is just in my area of New England or not but I just found them the other day under the music section of On Demand. There are a few categories like Basic Guitar lessons, Pop Songs, Rock Songs, Blues Songs, Guitar Tips, etc. Each category has a few subcategories with lessons.

I watched a couple and they seem decent. Certainly worth a look since they're free.

Tom

Posted : 23/11/2004 5:24 pm
(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

Tom,

Thanks for the info...I"m in Mass and I've got them too. I just viewed on quickly (SRV - Pride and Joy) and it was very well done - plus the rewind, replay, etc. and for the price how can you go wrong :-)

Pat

Posted : 26/11/2004 11:28 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Thanks Tom, I just went through a couple

Posted : 26/11/2004 11:42 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

Tom,

I'm in the area and was wondering how much different Comcast was to Cox Digital Cable?

I'll have to see if Cox Digital Cable provides that tomorrow. It's getting late and I have work to do.

Posted : 27/11/2004 12:57 am
(@sinister_hack)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Tom,

I'm in the area and was wondering how much different Comcast was to Cox Digital Cable?

I'll have to see if Cox Digital Cable provides that tomorrow. It's getting late and I have work to do.

The only folks I know that have Cox Cable are in RI. I know those folks don't have any kind on On Demand features at all. I'm not sure if Cox is planning on updating any time soon or not.

Tom

Posted : 29/11/2004 1:49 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

The only folks I know that have Cox Cable are in RI.

Tom

That's me. I'm from R.I.

So I should be looking for the on demand feature? I think Cox Cable has an On-demand feature now that I think about it. Or maybe I'm thinking of another company. I'll have to look into it.

Thanks

Posted : 29/11/2004 4:09 pm
(@oktay)
Reputable Member

Cablevision (NJ area provider) also has a channel called MagRack which has a guitar section (Guitar Xpress) with decent lessons that change every once in a while.

Their website actually has decent stuff (like audio tracks with no guitar in it so you can play the guitar part yourself) that can be used without watching the programs.

http://www.magrack.com/guitarxpress/index.jsp

Posted : 28/12/2004 5:36 pm