How To Create A Better Band

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@daverrb)
Topic starter

Dear Musician Friends,

I need your advice.

Currently I'm developing a website which will contain a series of videos teaching the art of playing successfully in a band. Topics are things like; Group chemistry, communication, dynamics, tempo, special techniques, groove secrets, interraction between bass player and drummer, a special song charting method, recording vs. live, etc.

This will be a membership site called - RockandRollBootcamp.com. The concept is very similar to the "School of Rock". Except this will be online instructional video demonstrations. The school of rock is live "in person" instruction. Actually, this will be even better because it will feature special guest musicians from world famous bands and since it's all online you can do it from the privacy of your own home.

Please click on site below to find out more. I have a feeling there's a market for this, but want to be sure before investing too much money, time and energy.

Anyhow, I'd really like your feedback on whether you think this is a good idea and a worthwhile pursuit.

From the site, if you scroll down you'll see a form where you can submit your comments, thoughts and feedback. Or just post a reply here at guitarnoise. Either way, I value your comments, they will be appreciated and acknowledged. Please let me know any specific things you'd like to see on the site.

I look forward to hearing from you...have a great day!

http://www.rockandrollbootcamp.com

Posted : 05/03/2007 7:27 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member

If you know all these musicians from world famous bands who have agreed to be special guests for you subscription service, why are you polling us?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 05/03/2007 7:35 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

I'll tell you how to make it big, fast-

1. Play crappy music that teens like now.
2. Create a myspace page
3. Sell demos at your local mall, at your school, or some other function.
4. Play live as much as possible
5. Friend request millions of people on myspace.
6. Somehow make it on MTV

Done.

Too bad the right way doesn't work anymore. The right way is this way-
1. Have talent
2. And luck

Posted : 05/03/2007 7:49 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Yeah, in the old days it used to be so much better. back then you only had to:

1. Play crappy music that teens liked then.
3. Sell demos at your local mall, at your school, or some other function.
4. Play live as much as possible.
5. Go door to door and annoy others directly.
6. Somehow make it on the radio.

Those days rocked...

Anyway: IMHO people don't need to learn how to play in a band, and they definitely don't need to pay for it. People need to get away from their pc and just get into a band. The inner workings of a band don't seem to be so complicated to me that I doubt anyone but the biggest psychopaths really needs much help.

As a special offer I'll give away two major tips that have helped the BEST players in the WORLD!!!

1) Don't be lazy, be nice and do your best instead.

Need help figuring the rest out? Send me $20 through PayPal and I'll PM the rest.

Posted : 05/03/2007 7:57 pm
(@daverrb)
Topic starter

Because before I move ahead with the project I wanted to get musicians thoughts, suggestions, and feedback. It doesn't matter how many top musicians you know, if the idea stinks people won't pay for the service. Just trying to do a little harmless market research...

Posted : 05/03/2007 10:44 pm
(@kevin72790)
Prominent Member

lmao at Arjen's hatred towards the pioneers of rock and roll.

Better than this electronic shit.

Posted : 06/03/2007 12:37 am
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Please don't post the same topic in multiple forums.

Thank you.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 06/03/2007 2:09 am