Clear all

Kirk's Weekly Guitar Lessons

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I thought some of you might be interested in the neat little player I have set up to list all my fingerstyle lessons:

http://www.guitarforbeginners.com/readio3.html

Cheers, feedback is welcome as I'm not sure if it works on all platforms.

Kirk

Kirk

Posted : 30/06/2006 5:09 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Kirk, that's brilliant!

The only thing I don't like is that it shrinks my browser down to fit the "radio." This is a problem for someone using tabbed browsing (Firefox) because it shrinks the entire browser, so any open tabs are also shrunk. Any way you can turn that off, or have it do a browser check beforehand?

Also, any way you can add a "Play All" function so people can just sit back and listen to them all sequentially?

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 30/06/2006 10:36 am
(@Anonymous)

You took the words right out of my mouth. That frustrates me when websites do that. I do like the radio though! I wouldn't mind getting a better one like that foe my site. May I ask if you designed that from scratch or did you have a base to start with?

Thanks

Posted : 30/06/2006 12:28 pm
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hey Slej ... yeah, I agree about the window shrinking thing. Very irritating. I changed that. As for the 'Play all' ... that's easy.

Mikespe ... it's called Wimpy, it's totally configurable, cost a mere 29.95. Look it up.

Thanks, all.

Kirk

Posted : 06/07/2006 1:14 am
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Awesome Kirk! Thanks for being so responsive!

Man, that makes me realize that there are so many of your great lessons I haven't yet tried. I was just doing your drop-D slide rhythm tune on my 12-string -- lots of fun! Got my daughter singing "Shortnin' Bread" along to it -- fits perfectly. :)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 06/07/2006 1:41 am
(@rodders)
Noble Member

Kirk thats brilliant,

I really am going to try and get rainbow nailed. is there any way of slowing the video down?

Rod. :wink:

Be excellent to each other & party on dudes!
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=686668

Posted : 07/07/2006 9:12 pm
(@planetalk)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Kirk thats brilliant,

I really am going to try and get rainbow nailed. is there any way of slowing the video down?

Rod. :wink:
Hi Rod ... sorry for the delay.

Yes, if you download the movie from the 'Attachments' at the bottom of the page, open it in Windows Media Player and go to 'Play' in the menu, you'll see an option for 'Slow' in the 'Speed' sub-menu.

Cheers,

Kirk

Kirk

Posted : 11/07/2006 3:51 am