Notifications
Clear all

Learning Fingerstyle Guitar Playing

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@peter-simms)
Topic starter

Anyone interested in playing songs- fingerstyle without the need to sing or have a band? Check out my site and let me know how you like it. I'm still developing it, and could use some constructive feedback. Thanks! Peter Simms
http://www.petersimms-guitarman.com/

Posted : 12/03/2005 12:00 pm
(@sre123_2002)
Estimable Member

i like it.

didn't you have more songs on the site before you revised it? are you going to add those back and add more?

Posted : 16/03/2005 5:31 pm
(@peter-simms)
Topic starter

:D Thanks. I'm trying to create a new demension of lessons. Teaching and performing guitar is what I do for a living. I would like to create a place where I can teach private lessons (interactive - I already have a few students and it's working great) and still offer mini single lessons that students can ask questions about that specific lesson. The video just makes all the difference now. Soooo... I'm giving it a whirl and trying to keep it affordable for those who just want a thing to do here or there. Any ideas, critiques - I need negative responses as much as positive ones, are most welcome! It will be evolving every week. Thanks again for the input. Peter

Posted : 17/03/2005 12:18 pm
(@mark-taylor)
Estimable Member

Peter, I loved the site. The use of the video's were very helpful. The idea of interactive lessons built around a players current knowledge will help to get the best bang for the buck. Nobody likes to repeat. And like the previous post, Where are all the songs? Now if you can figure out how to do recitals for your distance learning students, then you are working on a full service guitar studio.

Keep up the good work. I really like "Lil Drummer Boy" Working on "All of Me" now. Just wish I could get a handle on all the extras you put in it.

Mark.

You can ride a Yamaha, or play a Yamaha, it is up to you.

Posted : 12/04/2005 9:17 am
(@peter-simms)
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply Mark. Trying to teach on the internet is a tough one. There are many obstacles that I have to jump over. Right now I need to compose or use Public Domain songs until I can figure out the copyright issue. I've actually been getting some good response from the songs I composed for the site. A recital is possible! I just didn't think of it... cool!
Those who can put video in their computer could send me a song clip.. I could link them together in a movie and post. Good Idea! I will be hitting the website hard this Summer. Lots of gigs and private students at the moment. Hopefully I'm going to start posting on new lesson or song on the site each week. Thanks again for the feedback. Peter

Posted : 12/04/2005 10:58 am