Clear all

New learning product comming out.

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@geonjules)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I just heard about a new guitar "game", that seems to be more of a learning tool than a game.
Its called Rocksmith. You plug in your own (real) guitar into a Playstation 3, Xbox 360 or PC.
Heres a link with more information. http://rocksmith.ubi...ith/en-US/home/

Been reading a few post lately about beginners wanting to give it up. This program/game may be just what they need to keep it fun. They say its geared to newbies and experienced guitar players. Ive been playing for five years and im thinking about getting it.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

" Thoughts that pay homage to frustration will attract frustration. When you say or think theres nothing I can do,my life has spun out of control,and I'm trapped,thats what you will attract ".

Posted : 07/08/2011 4:57 pm
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

The URL didn't come through correctly here.
But Google helped me find it:
Rocksmith

Looks interesting. I'll be impressed if it can track the notes of a chord accurately, though.
If it can, then we're getting really close to automatic score writing software.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

Posted : 07/08/2011 7:35 pm
(@rum-runner)
Reputable Member

If you have an iPad, there is currently an app that sounds similar to what you are referring. It's called Guitar Prodigy. The app itself is free and you purchase songs individually, although it does come with some free stuff to try it out. It works kind of like Guitar Hero except it scrolls tablature across the screen and it recognizes whether you play the right note on the guitar. It works pretty well at note recognition even using an acoustic guitar with the iPad's built-in mike.

I have used it mainly with a chromatic scale exercise, one of the freebies, when I am warming up.

Just thought I'd throw that out as an alternative for anyone who owns an iPad and id interested in that sort of thing.

Regards,

Mike

"Growing Older But Not UP!"

Posted : 09/08/2011 4:14 pm
(@geonjules)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Dont know what happened to that first link.
This link should work. http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/home/

" Thoughts that pay homage to frustration will attract frustration. When you say or think theres nothing I can do,my life has spun out of control,and I'm trapped,thats what you will attract ".

Posted : 09/08/2011 7:54 pm