Tampa Red - Boogie Dance - VIDEO/MP3/TAB FREE

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi All,

I'm not selling and this is not spam. I have broken down some playing by Tampa Red one of the greatest bluesmen of all times. You can play it on any guitar or resonator and it's in Open D. If you ever had doubts about trying to break into this style of playing this might be a nice gateway for you. It's much easier than you think once some hard work is put into this tune for a few days. You dont have to use fingerpicks or thumbpicks and you are only holding two note chords most of the time. If more people respond to this lesson and work on it I might make more lessons on it. So far there are 3 parts or chapters in the study. You wont find this stuff broken down this much even in pro videos. I walk you through each note. Good luck and CLICK HERE TO ACCESS IT

Click HERE for a list of over 20 free lessons online

NOTE: The only way I get rewarded by these lessons is when you post and give me your valuable feedback. Which parts were easy, which were not and places you need help. Share your experiences and please dont just silently lurk. If you remain silent I get nothing back out of these lessons. With your help I not only get better as a teacher and player but my lessons also get better. Thanks.

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 19/12/2005 6:46 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

First things first: thanks for another great-sounding lesson!

I went on your site over the weekend to get started on the Vaughan Bros. lesson when I saw the new Tampa Red lesson.

Spent some time with the first lesson (covering the first eight bars.) This is the first song I've tried in open D. I think you did a great job - this part of the song is very playable, even for a relative beginner like me. Your video makes it look so effortless, but I did struggle with the 5th and 6th bars because I kept knocking my slide on the edge of the neck. :)

I watched the other two parts and they seem pretty straight forward, but I want to get the first part down before I tackle those. I can almost play it consistently at your "slow" pace, LOL.

It seems there are a few bars in the song between the material you cover in parts one and three - is this correct? If my ears are working (might not be), then the eight bars in part 1 come first, then a turnaround (?), then the riff from part 3, back to part 1, then the slide section?

Thanks again.

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 20/12/2005 1:25 am
(@littlebrother)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hi Mitch,

Thanks and yes there are more bars in there but I cover most of the main moves and you can assemble them in any order and make it work. I just added a chord sequence to that lesson discussion too. It helps alot. I appreciate the feedback.

Thanks
LB

My Guitar and Blues Site

Posted : 21/12/2005 2:29 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i haven't even seen it and just downloading it .... but i KNOW in advance that this lesson must be great :wink:

Cheers lilbro ,

Rahul

Posted : 21/12/2005 2:40 pm
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Thanks for the update with the chords, LB. Helpful discussion over at APM, too. I really like this open D tuning - found a whole bunch of other stuff to play, too.

P.S. How's the new DVD coming along? :) Any copies of the first one laying around? :D

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

Posted : 21/12/2005 3:31 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

Ok i saw the video.Great Scott !!! its so cool.i had never seen a slide guitar in action so an addition to my weak theory bank ..... :lol:

Posted : 22/12/2005 8:57 am
(@maxrumble)
Honorable Member

I have looked at that lesson, but my comments are about your lessons in general.

I have learned three of your free lessons and three from your DVD. I think your lessons are excellent, very well laid out and explained in the right amount of detail. Now that you have created tab for the DVD lessons it would be hard to suggest anything to improve them. Perhaps a simple audio recording start to finish of you playing the whole song while singing. Your DVD lesson came with the audio CD but I would have preferred to hear the songs start to finish.

I am a fan of tab along with the videos, because sometimes it is difficult to see exactly what is going on (especially in the free online ones with lesser resolution).

I am looking forward to the release of your next DVD.

Cheers,

Max

Posted : 22/12/2005 4:17 pm