5Watt amp and iPod

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

G'day,
I have a 5w tube amp and it has 2 input jacks "High and Low", can I plug my guitar into the High and my iPod into the low?
or plug 2 guitars in simultaneously?

Thanks
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

Hi Keith,

yes you can - have a look at this link: http://drzamplifiers.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Maz38&action=display&thread=2010

2 guitars into the amp is no problem at all, except that the amp controls will affect both guitars the same way.

If you play the iPod through the 2nd channel, turn the iPod volume to 0, then turn it up slightly and see what happens. Depending on the iPod output, it may distort easily. Probably best to be careful initially.

Cheers, b.

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Paul,
Worked a treat....
I sold my Cube30x and I purchased a 1x12 cab for my 5watt Chimp that I took over to your place..
(I got it off a bloke from Aussie Guitar Gear Heads, you can get some good bargins there.)
I still have my Micro Cube (love it) and I also purchased aVox DA5 but I think I will sell that, I like the Micro cube better..

Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@bloos66)
Reputable Member

No worries Keith. Looks like you've done a bit of experimenting with amplifiers. A cab for the chimp is definitely a great idea. I still like my Cube30X and use it a lot, much easier than to fire up the tweed, and I love the Vox and Marshall settings on it now. All the best, Paul

ReplyQuote