Clear all

Acoustic Guitar Amp

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@acousticfish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone, I'm starting to look for an acoustic amp and was wondering on everyone's thoughts, likes and dislikes. The Roland AC-60 Acoustic Chorus Combo Amp seems to have really good reviews. I don't want to spend anymore than $500 and would probably just use it for home or small shows, coffee shops etc...

Thanks for your input. :D

(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i know it's a bit over your limit but i highly recommend this one ($600.00)
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fishman-Loudbox-100-Acoustic-Guitar-Amplifier?sku=480243
i've had it's big brother for a few years now and for the money you can't go wrong.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@acousticfish)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Hey thanks for the reply, there seems to be so many how can a person decide especially if you can't go and play them? :( I just seen a demo of one the Hartke AC150 on youtube. It sounded great and lots of effects I thought it would be super expensive but its right around $500. More confusion.

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

playing them is the only true way to tell if you are going to get the expected performance.
that aside, pro player reviews go a long way, if you are familiar with the afformentioned pros live sound.

watch "austin city limits" and you will see a lot of acoustic amps.
the ones that appear most often in my experiance are Genz Benz, Fishman, Schertler, AER, SWR, Ultrasound, to name a few.

if you are strapped for cash and already have access to a good PA system, spend your money on a nice Mic and learn or aquire the services of a good sound guy to run your board.

#4491....

ReplyQuote