Notifications
Clear all

Amp & Headphones

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kalfred)
Topic starter  

I'm trying to use my headphones with my Roland Cube-30 with the Recording/Headphones out jack. The headphones have a 1/8" mini stereo jack and the amp has a 1/4" mono. I purchased a 1/8" (Stereo) to 1/4" (Mono) plug adapter from Radio Shack and tried it out last night. I got no sound. I've tried 2 other adapters (both stereo - stereo) and neither of those work either. It's really frustrating as I'd like to turn the volumn up more when I'm practicing. Thanks for any feedback.

"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
– Robert Louis Stevenson

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Maybe the output jack isn't working.
Do you have access to a pair of headphones with a 1/4 inch plug on them?

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member

I use my 1/4 stanton headphones from my DJ days.. good way to get a nice headache though

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

You could always take the adaptor back to Radio Shack, get them to test it - and take your headphones with you. That way at least you'll know where the fault is - headphones, adaptor or amp socket. The only headphones I own are a couple of the give-away sets you get on airlines, which I use with an adaptor for my cube amp late at night. Not fabulous quality, but then again, late at night, the last thing I'm worried about is hi-fidelity.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@kalfred)
Topic starter  

It was the headphones. They work fine with my computer but don't with the amp. I tried another pair and they work fine. I should have tried that to begin with. Thanks for the replies.

"Everyone who got where he is has had to begin where he was."
– Robert Louis Stevenson

ReplyQuote