Amp settings for various artists

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@floydthegolfer)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Hi guys,

Just wondered if anyone knows of a website where you can find out the amp settings various artists used in various songs, or just their standard sound. Just thought it would be useful to know that when trying to learn a new song.

Cheers,

Rob

"You got the heart kid... but you don't got the tools no more....."
"DRAGOOO!!!!!!!!"

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Im not sure if there are any sites that give out amp settings, at least not that I am aware of but I do know of Amp modeling pedals and stuff like the Pod or the RP series from Digitech.

Bstguitarist
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

I think your problem is going to be the huge numbers of different amps out there - you can change the sound of an amp by changing the valves or by putting in speakers from a different manufacturer.

Even within the spectrum of a single manufacturer, the settings from a 20W amp will produce a totally different sound out of a 100W amp - and not just in terms of volume.

Then you have to factor the pedals and other electronics gubbins into the equation. Changing out transistors and other components will change the sound of a mass produced pedal.

The guitar will also have an effect - Eric Clapton has a 25dB midboost built into his Strat equipped with Fender noiseless pups (he used to use Lace Sensor golds), Jeff Beck has hot noiseless pups and Tom Delonge uses only one bridge humbucker - and they're only 3 Strat variants.

Getting a close approximation of someone's sound is more trial and error than anything.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Don't know of any per se but I think there out there. trying to match them would be difficult.

If you have the GuitarPort that will allow you to download the actual settings right into it. It's also an amp modeller. I don't have one but I've been thinking about getting one just to use as an interface to my computer to record through.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@stock28)
Estimable Member

And don't forget tone comes largely from the hands. Clapton could pick up your guitar and amp and he'd still sound like Clapton.

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I think you just have to find a sound that works best for you. I still haven't fully found that sound yet, lol, but that's ok because I don't gig that often and I only have a small practice amp.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote