Clear all

Anyone own a small clone? Darn GAS got me again

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@noobie)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I was browsing ebay and saw an auction literally minutes underway of what I think was an original small clone (bc it was labeled mini-chorus not full chorus) with a $55 buy it now. I bought it w/o realizing what I had done just because I figured it was worth more than that. Anyone use a small clone or have opinions on them?

Heck, any of you ever done anything silly like that with gear and within minutes think, what did I just do?

Thanks.

plz im a noob

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I don't know much about that particular one. I have spent alot time with a Small Stone phase shifter.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@noobie)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies. After I've had it for awhile I'll share my opinions if anyone is interested

plz im a noob

ReplyQuote
(@noobie)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I had it a day and played around with it. I never played through a decent chorus (just chorus already on amps) and it was nice. I enjoyed the sound when just adding a subtle chorus. I played with the switch up and the knob around 8 o clock.

That said I blew it up. I ran into trouble trying to install a 9V converter (the ehx pedals use male end adapters, not the females so often seen) bc the hole was so small i had to jam the wires through. I thought I had kept them separated, so after i soldered the connections I turned it on to a loud hum. I unplugged it real fast but not fast enough as I shorted across the dc input.

I figure I burnt an ic or two and who knows what else. Oh well.

plz im a noob

ReplyQuote