Clear all

Behringer V-Amp

10 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone played one of these. Also, has anyone played the version of the v-amp thats like a mutli-effects unit, with an expression pedal. What are both like? I'd prefer the v-amp, thats like a pod, but I can't find one that ships to canada.
~PauL~

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

I've had the V-amp2 for about four months, my neighbour currently has the X-v-amp, and I will re-buy the V-amp2 within a few weeks. If you have any specific questions about these units, I'll be happy to answer them. Not quite sure what to post about them in general, they are what they are supposed to be.

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

You'll find companies or folks at E-bay that will ship to canada. Behringer V-AMP

joe

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Promedics,
Why are you "re-buying" the V-Amp 2 after 4 months? Did the first one crap-out?

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nope, stayed totally rock-solid all the time, but had to re-sell it to get an amp, after the amps in the local practice basement had died. Now I need something to use in the appartment where I will hopefully live next year, and since the V-amp was much to my liking I decided I want one back.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Glad to hear it's working out for you.
How well do you think the X-Vamp compares?
I need to get something like this for direct into a mixing board, and thought the expression pedal might be nice to have, if only as a volume pedal.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Drawbacks of the X V-amp

-The amp models are somewhat less 'lively', and you cannot select your own cab-sim to go with it.
-Only mono-out.
-Only a 2-band EQ.
-When using multiple effects at the same time quality decreases.
-No option of using the V-amp2 software.
-Bit less easy to use.
-No carying bag.
-Only half the simulations.

Advantages of the X V-amp:
-Cheaper.
-Metal housing, so more durable.
-Expression pedal, though the wah/pitch bend effects are quite mediocre.
-Ability to use multiple effects and control them all without linking it to a -PC/MIDI Floorboard.
-Seperate input volume/input gain controls. (apart from normal -volume/gain controls).
-Once more, twice as cheap.

In general, if it is for playing around/practicing, the X V-amp suffices. For studio use, the V-amp2 wins hands-down.

ReplyQuote
(@slothrob)
Reputable Member

Thanks, good information.
Which amp models do you like, the clean or high gain ones? Are there some good overdriven and distorted tones, in your opinion? I play mostly with a Fender or Vox clean to slight overdrive, and can get by as long as it has that. Though, if I could add a good distortion I would be pretty happy. I still haven't found one I'm really happy with.

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Can these be plugged into your computer?
~PauL~

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Off He goes: Yes, definitely. That's what I used it most for, with the 4.1 set attached to the pc as speakers.

Slothrob: I can't remember any settings really, btu I'll get another one this week, so I'll tell you what setting I use. Do not forget to use the Behringer software to control the pre-sets, lots of paramters to tweak, including things like input gain, which needs different settings depending if you use humbuckers or single-coils. Keep the gain low with boost enabled or it will feel very compressed.

ReplyQuote