Notifications
Clear all

cabs for hughes and kettner tri amp mk2

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@joshuaguy)
Topic starter  

i just recently bought myself a hughes and kettner tri amp mk2 and i havnt yet bought a cab for it because i have no idea what to get i have been looking at orange hughes and kettner krank marshall and mesa boogie i want an amp with celestion v30's is there a cab brand i have overlooked? i dont want a cab that will jeprodise my sound

josh

(@jtb226)
Estimable Member

i personally play through mesa boogie rectifier standard cabs and absolutely love them. they have a great overall sound (much better than the crate blue voodoo i used to play through) and are really really well made. they are a tad pricey though at $900 a piece. might be able to find a slightly used one on ebay for cheaper. i bought 2 from a guy near my hometown that are as good as new, if not better than new. got the pair for $1500 and they are the cabs with side armour (diamond plate on the side), which is a $400 option each. so yeah. you should be able to get a good one for around $500 or $600

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

i think avatars cabs come with celestians, great price also but wes would know
more about those, check with him 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Avatar makes great cabs. I have a 2 X 12 with Celestion Vintage 30s and it is an awesome sounding cab.

My cab is very well built and attractive, but one thing I like it that it is not so heavy. I estimate my 2 X 12 weighs about 40 lbs.. Really nice when you have to haul these things around.

Avatar has a wide selection of Celestion or Eminence speakers. You can save about 25% on speakers. I bought a Celestion G12T75 a few months back, I shopped around, it was going for $100 just about everywhere. I got it from Avatar for $69. I am the Master of Cheap. :D

But I have dealt with Avatar several times now. They make great cabs and their service is great too. I would recommend Avatar to anyone.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote