Notifications
Clear all

Can't get tube amp to sound good.

19 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Effects sound way, way different at low volumes compared to high. A couple of nights ago I was practicing along with an original songs another guitar player wrote and recorded. I played my acoustic patch with delay at 192ms. I thought it rocked. I tried it this past Saturday with the band at band volume and it sounded like I was dying. I knocked the delay down to 88ms (less than half) to sound decent. I find that with most effects they get crazy at high volume because you actually hear all of it.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

It could also be because throught the headphones your stereo and when your plugged into your amp your mono. It's going to sound awhole lot different. Do you have another amp to try plugging the effects into two amps. Creating the stereo field.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

At home I have a Fender HRD and (recently) a Pro Jr. It would be interesting to try them stereo. Lately I've just been playing some songs through the big amp, pull the plug, then put it in the small amp.

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Mostly I use five amps, three stereo power amps and two regular guitar tube amps. Its taken me years of experimenting to settle on the equipment I use now. What I do is have all the different amps sound alittle different but yet blend them all together to create one over all sound. Sure is fun being creative on that quest for tone.

Joe

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2