Clear all

chorus pedal

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i just got one and i like ths sound alot... im just wondering when to use it. any thoughts

JErm

(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Apparently all the time, according to my recent research.

I didn't know either, but people have said lightly during distortion, a bit more during a solo and generally a bit more in riffs and lead and stuff.

I guess experimenting is the best suggestion.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

It's all up to personal taste. It really sounds good on a clean electric or acoustic guitar. Some people use it all the time - distortion, clean, etc. Have fun & experiment. 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

and remember..'less is more'.

a little can go a long way.
but for fun you can tweak it up really high and your guitar can sound warped and out of tune...but in a sick circus clown music manner.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personally I use it lightly on cleaner stuff and not at all on anything else. I espescially dislike thick chorus settings, and I espescially espescially dislike thick chorus settings on cheap devices. You know, the "Look, I can make my guitar sound just as plastic as a Casio keybord!" sound that way too many cover bands have.

Or, to put it short: whenever *you* feel like using it. If you listen to my advice you might just as well sell your guitar and listen to me play instead. ;)

Disclaimer: I don't have any proper chorus unit. All the hardware ones sound like mutilated phasers and the software ones are worse. Hence I mostly use a 'custom chorus' by using two digital pitch shifters. I;m sure a good chorus unit sounds, well, good.

ReplyQuote
(@jeremyd)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

ha thanks guys!

ReplyQuote
(@clazon)
Honorable Member

Having experimented a little today, I realise that my cheap chorus pedal infact acts as a cheap chorus pedal. It doesn't really have much subtlety at all. However, when I crank it and tweak the DD-3 delay, I can create a really cool/nice (for me anyway) sonic screamy repeating thing. Just like how Karma Police/ Everything in it's Right Place both by Radiohead end in live performances.

So it's nice to know I can create some "pro" sounds.

"Today is what it means to be young..."

(Radiohead, RHCP, Jimi Hendrix - the big 3)

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

A great song with chorus is the intro to Come As You Are by Nirvana. This is a clean guitar with chorus maybe 1/3 up.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

For myself it depends on what effects I'm using before and after. Being able to adjust speed, width, delay and level can allow you plenty of different flavoring from anything from screamimg lead to layed back shuffle rhythm. Things can range from just adding a little to over the top stereo chorus.

joe

ReplyQuote