Notifications
Clear all

chuga chuga growl.....

5 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@redneck-zombie)
Topic starter  

howdy... new to the site. love it here!!!! huh... yesterday i jammed on the new EVH 5150 and the MESA triple rectifier... also tried out the new KERRY KING marshall jcm 800. out of the 3 i really like the 5150. don't know if it's the right amp for me because i do a lot of chuga chuga and pick harmonics. i drope tune my guitar so i need an amp with a lot of low end extension

(@prndl)
Reputable Member

Listening is the best way to chose a tube guitar amp, so you're on the right track.

Speaker selection is one of the easiest ways to improve tone. For better bass response, you can get a larger speaker (12" should be fine). Dynamics and high end response vary greatly between speakers, and depend on the amp.

In general, Alnico's are more dynamic than ceramics, and are the choice for blues and Fender amps. Ceramics are the favorite for rock and metal players with Marshall amps. Those are, however, extremely broad generalizations, especially since they now make ceramic speakers that sound like old alnicos.

The best situation is to try different speakers with the same amp and choose the one that you like best.

1 watt of pure tube tone - the Living Room Amp!
http://www.naturdoctor.com/Chapters/Amps/LivingRoomAmp.html
Paper-in-oil caps rule!

ReplyQuote
(@redneck-zombie)
Topic starter  

hmmm... what about the Bogner Uberschall?

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

I'll second that recommendation from redneck zombie. BU's are pretty synonymous with metal as far as amps go.

but go with whatever amp sounds best to you.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

Just throwing one out there. How about the Krank Dimebag series?

ReplyQuote