Clear all

digital amps

10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@swisstony)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

hey i just wanted to know what you lot all thought of them, because im am seriously considering buying one - the line6 147HD.

ive played on the old spiders insane setting and i loved it, i noticed that the 147 has the same kind of setting but they have improved it.

is it a good choice?

cheers!

bin playing for 7 years or so.....even lost 15% of hearin in my right ear after the last gig

(@steve-0)
Noble Member

I've heard nothing but good reviews of most of the digital amps. Of course, I always get the same response: "They're amazing, but never are exactly the same as the real thing", by that, i mean digital modeling amps compared to real tube amps. I would go out and try a digital amp and then try out some tube amps and see which you like.

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member

i have a tube-o amp-o

YEAH! GUITAR ROCK! I ROCK! YOU ROCK! HAHA, YEAH RIGHT. LOL. ROCK ON!

ReplyQuote
(@swisstony)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

ive already got a marshall dsl100, but it just doesnt have the right sound for me. dont get me wrong it sounds great, but its just not right for me. at the moment im just running a GT-6 in to the effects loop so im not really using much of the marshalls full capability, thats why i think its abit of a waste in me having it.

also a guy at school told me today that they arnt very loud. is this true? :o

bin playing for 7 years or so.....even lost 15% of hearin in my right ear after the last gig

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Is this it?

Line 6 HD147

Make sure to read the reviews.

This amp is 300 Watts. That is loud enough to peel the paint off the walls.

Line 6 make great amps. If you like to use effects, go for it.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@kerbdog)
Eminent Member

If you're thinking about that HD147...why not save up $400usd more and get a Vetta II head or combo?  don't let the "300 watts" claim sucker you in.

the HD is a very nice amp head, don't read me wrong...but the Vetta II is by far worth the extra 400, just my opinion though

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Depends on the music.  Metal the HD works well.  For complete versatility (metal too) the Vetta (or Vetta II, same thing, just free upgrade the vetta and get the Variax connectivity port and install it in the back) reigns supreme in versatility.  I'm seriously considering getting one because I already got the Variax.  Might as well get the matching amp  :).

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@swisstony)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

yeah ive played on 2 different vetta amps. arnt they the ones where you can pick 2 amp tones and mix them?

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Yea, a few Line 6's do that now.  Vetta started it though.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@swisstony)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

thanks for all your help people! (especially izabella  ;D) i think i will stick with the 147 as i am kinda a metal head and i already have 2 4x12" cabs (might aswell use em lol) gonna start saving this week. il keep you lot posted on whats happening, for example when it comes to selling my dsl100.

cheers!!

ReplyQuote