Clear all

Digitech RP200

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I just bought a digitech RP 200 with the pedal for $149.

This is going to sound stupid but what can I expect from this thing? I have a PRS Santana SE guitar and a Roland micro cube amp. i bought it with the idea of fooling around with different effects, but it seems that all the presets are based on a heavy distortion sound. I was told that you can change any of them to make them whatever you want and i think i've figured out how to do that. What else can this thing do? Should I have bought something else?

uh oh...a more critical issue just came up. am i going to record into my Tascam 4 track with this thing?

(@fiskep)
Trusted Member

I have a RP200 as well and use it mostly for practice these days.

Couple things that work great for me:

1) Headphones - keeps the wife/family happy. I can plug my strat directly into the RP200 and get to work.

2) Jam-A-Long - plug a CD player / PC in and jam along to your favorite MP3's/CDs/other (ie guitar pro - speed trainer).

3) You should be able to run the line out from the RP200 into your 4-track recorder no problem. I run it into my PS-04 and it works great to record a rhythm track and work on a lead line (run the recorder back into the jam-a-long line after you've recorded).

I have also recently been running it into my Fender HRD and have successfully used it as a volume pedal / dealy pedal. Basically I turned off all of the amp modeling and just used the effects pretty successfully.

Good Luck.
Pat

BTW:

Check out the digitech site for a ton of patches you can try / play with. Check out:

http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_product_start.asp?productid=170

ReplyQuote
(@dimebag)
Eminent Member

i have one,and the effect edit is incredibly comprehensive,although the wah is really harsh,you can edit the effects via the matrix[the bit with all the lights and text on it above the footswitches,and the levels edited via the 3 knobs below the matrix,its all in the manual.so its a case of readin it really[altho it doesnt make much sense!]

dimebag

"forever stronger than all"

dimebag darrell[rip]

ReplyQuote