Notifications
Clear all

Drive Amplifiers

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@baseballweasel94)
Topic starter  

I cannot find a whole lot out about Drive Amps. I believe they are a relatively small Australian based company but other than that i cannot find much. If anyone has experience with their products particularly Amps then please give me ur honest opinion/review/recommendations. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I'll say Hi and welcome.

I didn't find much on them either. Another amp company wanting a piece of the pie. For a inexpensive amp I wouldn't see any problems with them.  I haven't played through one, so this would be more just an opinion. If you get one maybe get one with a 10 or 12 inch speaker, anything smaller that you may not be happy.

What kind of sound or tone and playing style?

joe

ReplyQuote
(@baseballweasel94)
Topic starter  

im play mostly classic rock, grunge, and some heavy metal, but id also like an amp that can support a more bluesy tone too.

ReplyQuote
(@preston)
Trusted Member

DRIVE amps are made by the Shinko Corp. Head office in Korea, plants in Korea and China. Web site at http://www.shinko.co.kr

About 1 year ago, I bought a CD300B bass amp from MusiciansFriend, just because it was on Sale and I needed something to put me into the 'Free Shipping' price range. It was also nice to get a bass amp that I could play at 2 AM without shaking the neighbors house like my Peavey does. ;D

It has been a good little amp, and seems very solid. One full year and no crackely pots or switches. The 'Presence' control, however, leaves much to be desired.
I like to play Bass clean, but I find that with this amp, I need a Chorus box to make it sound 'good'.

This is the only DRIVE product I have owned, but for the price, I don't think that you're risking much.
It's not a Fender or Peavey or Marshall, but what are you looking for?

"Don't try to describe a KISS concert if you've never seen it." Jimmy Buffett

ReplyQuote