Clear all

fender blues jr. amp

21 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

before i go out and spend my $400 or whatever, anyone have any experience with this amp?

(@primeta)
Prominent Member

I like mine. It's blusey. If you want much distortion you'll need a pedal. I don't think it has quite the classic Fender clean. The reverb and the little fat button are a little weak. All in all, it's an amp I'd like to supplement sometime, but not replace. YMMV.

"Things may get a whole lot worse/ Before suddenly falling apart"
Steely Dan
"Look at me coyote, don't let a little road dust put you off" Knopfler

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I've done some recording with one. I ran it at it's saturation point. No clean for this boy. It's an impressive amp. This is what I use for my signal chain, an Ibanez RG470, Nady wireless, Art 341 Equalizer, blues jr, and an attenuator. It layed down some great tracks. For playing some rock an blues it starts coming to life right around 4, at 8 you better be hanging on. It's a worthy investment.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@off-he-goes)
Noble Member

I guy at a guitar store I frequent picked a used one up for cheap. He was raving about how great of a deal it was. I've been meaning to look around for one, but they don't come up often around here, I'd jump on the chance to get one though!

Paul

Vacate is the word...Vengance has no place on me or her...Cannot find a comfort in this world.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Got one -- I don't usually run it into power stage saturation a la Joe's setup, but it does a great crunchy-bluesy and very nice not-quite-clean stuff as well. Works quite nicely with an overdrive pedal. I plan to keep it in the amp collection for a long time. I paid the four bills, and have never regretted it.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member

man we get ripped off in Australia.....

I just done some price comparisons (all in US dollars)

In America (Musicians Friend)
Standart Strat (Mexican) 314.00
Fender Blues Junior 399.00

In Australia (Venue Music in Sydney)
Standard Strat (Mexican) 458.00
Fender Blues Junior 706.00

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

I have the "pro jr." If you have any neighbors be careful. You'll have to buy an attenuator because playing the juniors on 3 pretty much sucks. 8-12 all the way!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

A friend of mine is a blues player who uses two Blues, Jrs and never turns them above 3 on the master volume. Sounds killer! Another friend of mine plays blues in lots of small clubs with a Pro Jr, rarely above 2-3 volume. Sounds great, too! I'll never agree with those who say a tube amp's always got to be cranked, and you have to have an attenuator to pull the volume down with the cranked tone. That's fine and good in its place, but it's not an all-the-time, must-have thing at all. The volume knobs are there for a reason.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@boogieman)
Trusted Member

I bought a blemed blonde from MF for around $300 with the warranty. It's a great amp, but an overdrive pedal does bring out the best. I'm using the poor man's T-9, a Digitech Bad Monkey. Overall, it's very loud for 15 watts and a very nice tone machine.

Trey

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Our opinions look pretty positive, Pearl. You going to go for it?

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i think so. i have to get my finances in order. i also want a tube screamer.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

wow!
i'm almost there. i tried it out today at a store called manny's. it's fabulous! i LUV it. the store has this deal where you get a credit card and you can walk out with just about anything with no interest, no payments for a year! i would have walked out with it today except it's a little heavy. going to go back when i have my car. few days...maybe a week and it's mine!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

A friend of mine is a blues player who uses two Blues, Jrs I've got to update this post. Found out yesterday that he's changed to Pro Juniors.

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

i got it and it's AWESOME. I'll be busy for a while with this thing!

now if only i could play the guitar better.....

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Hmmmm. Looks like some followup posts have disappeared.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2