Notifications
Clear all

Fender frontman 25r

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@surfdoc)
Topic starter  

Thanks for the replies to my previous post.

I have decided to go with the Fender as opposed to the Marshall and this brings up several other questions.

1. One local shop that stocks fender gear will not have the amp in for another week. The other shop is charging 180.00 for it. I can order it on-line for 140.00 plus 6-8 bucks shipping and have it by friday. Which on-line shop should I get it from? ZZounds, Sameday Music, Musiciansfriend etc.....

2. Looking down the road I maybe interested in adding effects or modeling pedals. How do these work. I assume you run the guitar through the pedal and plug the pedal into the amp. Correct? I just want to be sure this amp will support this.

3. Being new to electric guitars what is a good string reccomendation.

4. Are all cables the same or is there one that is more preferable than another.

Thanks for the help.

Josh

(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

1) Any of the bigger online stores will do. Their prices are pretty much always the same, and so are the delivery times.

2) Some effects sound MUCH better through an effects loop. The Fender 25R does not have this, as far as I can see.

3) To start with, try a standard 0.009 set. You can try thicker strings later, but this will hurt enough already :)

4) Some are better then others. In my local shop they go from $2,- to $40,- a cable. Just ask for a 'standard and decent' cable. No need for expensive stuff if you aren't making your living with it.

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Make sure that you buy a properly shielded cable, if you want to avoid picking up stray radio signals. A more expensive cable may also sound better (marginally), because the thicker cable in it is presenting less resistance to the already paltry signal from your pups and you'll have less signal loss.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote