Clear all

Fender Tweed Blues Deluxe Re-Issue

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i have a chance to get a Tweed Blues Deluxe Re-Issue, just 6 months old and in brand new conditon. can anyone here who owns one tell me about it? problems? good points? bad points? i know that i love the sound of the amplifier but has anyone done mods? speaker changes? this amp has the original JJ Tubes and it's coming from the original owner as well.

(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Hey bucky catt, I had one for about 2 years. I bought it new in July 2008 and had to sell it in July 2010. (Economy :( )

The last 6 months I had it, it would sometimes pop when powering it off. I always put it in standby first, but still had this one issue.

I will tell you that it is one loud beast and I found it way too much for home use, but I loved the tones too much to let that one little thing stand in the way. :lol:

One of the "bad" things I have read about these amps (and I never experienced) was what has been described as "ice-pick to the forehead" shrillness. Maybe because I never had mine cranked, I don't know.

I do know that if I had the chance to do it all again, I would probably buy another one.

Best of luck in whatever you decide to do.

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i got it about 2 hours ago and it did crackle when i turned it off without putting it to standby, just to see if it did what you mentioned. the cleans are freaking amazing, nice and bright too. i ran it in tandem with my Crate V50 2x12 Palomino and they really complement each other.

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

i got it about 2 hours ago and it did crackle when i turned it off without putting it to standby, just to see if it did what you mentioned. the cleans are freaking amazing, nice and bright too. i ran it in tandem with my Crate V50 2x12 Palomino and they really complement each other.

Good for you, bucky katt! I hope you enjoy it! I would like another, but my wallet (and my back) say "NO!!" :D

Jim

ReplyQuote
(@bucky-katt)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

i've actually decided to get my Crate V50 Palomino 2x12 traded out for either a A Stratocaster or a Nashville Telecaster. i swear that this blues deluxe sounds better than the 1962 Fender Bandmaster i had back in the 90's i dont think that there are enough words in the english language to describe how much i like this Blues Deluxe. so...............anyone have an MiM strat theyd like to swap for my V50 Palomino? :lol:

ReplyQuote
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Yeah, definitely a great sounding amp!

Jim

ReplyQuote