Skip to content
Genz Benz El Diablo...

Notifications
Clear all

Genz Benz El Diablo 60C PROBLEM. Please Help.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bigdaddy234)
Topic starter  

Hey guys,

I recently purchased a Genz Benz El Diablo 60C Combo amp off ebay and it got damaged during shipping. The amp turns on and eveything and sounds good but has very little gain on the hot channel. The clean channel functions just fine. When your on the hot channel its like the gain knob is stuck at 2. It has a little bit of break up but very little. ive swapped around the preamp tubes and its not that.... the power tubes glow nicely and the amp is loud so i doubt its that. If you let a note ring and turn the gain knob on the hot channel it makes 0 difference in the sound.... i was thinking maybe its a gain pot but is that possible? everything worked fine when it left. could a drop make a gain pot malfunction? it seems unlikly to me but then again im not a amp pro. any sugegstions would be awesome.

Thanks

(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

Is there any way to make the shipping company pay for a repair?

If the pots are soldered direct to the circuit board, there might be a crack in that connection due to being tossed around in shipping. That sort of repair could be done by anyone competent in electronics repair.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote