Clear all

Good amp for punk/rock music

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@steveobouttorock)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm looking to get a good amp at a good price to play punk music an some rock with. Any suggestions ? I'd like to stay in the combo solid state area but if theres anything affordable in half stacks or what ever okay

be good at what you can do-

(@bstguitarist)
Reputable Member

Im not sure what amp you should specifically get but I would suggest you stick with Crate amps. as long as you don't get a really crappy cheap practice amp you do get very good quallity amps. Although if you got a cheap practice amp from any amp company they would be lacking quality hence the cheap price. anyway I used to play punk/ska and now Im into rock and it can do both styles very well. and I think they sound great and area pretty adjustable. you can check them out at http://www.musiciansfriend.com but like always, thats just my suggestion and you should try any amp that you nare interested in before you buy it to make sure that its really what you want and that it fits your needs.

Bstguitarist
:lol:

No matter what anyone says, these four men were the Innovators! of modern Rock & Roll!

Morse Code... Music on it's own

ReplyQuote
(@steve-0)
Noble Member

Punk rock and Rock is such a generalisation to tell you exactly what to get... Some ideas might be:

Fender (good tone, just not as heavy)
Marshall (usaully a good choice for hard rock)
Mesa/Boogie (Heavier than a marshall, good for heavy metal)
Vox (another popular heavy amp)

There are some effects pedals that might narrow your search. For example, I've seen some really good distortion pedals that can get that heavy metal crunch, even if you don't have a marshall stack or something

Steve-0

ReplyQuote
(@hobsonator)
Trusted Member

Go out and find yourself a used Peavey VTM60 head and a 2x12 or 4x12 cabinet.

ReplyQuote