Notifications
Clear all

GUITAR AMP HELP!

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@kornnolis)
Topic starter  

ok im new at guitar n poor...so i went out n bought a 50watt amp 300 watt peak. and the amp is a Pyle which im sure is a cheap brand.. i got it today and the distoration sucks.. barley anything at all. lol if i got a distorin pedal would that help at all? like add more distortin to the amp when i play or does that just turn distorin on n off with no other effect? i know i sound dumb but hey the only way to learn is to find out.. if some one could tell me if a distorin pedal would help plz let me know..lol im poor n need help..thanks!

(@djdubb)
Reputable Member

Check out Behringer foot pedals they sound good and they're easy on the bank.

"Failure is the key to success" Lee Wen; Champ vs Champ

ReplyQuote
(@kornnolis)
Topic starter  

ok well i found this one http://www.music123.com/Boss-DS1-Distortion-i21775.music but..will this add more distorion to my amp? and is that a good pedal? it has good rateings

ReplyQuote
(@progtastic-mate)

I've got behringer pedals and for £15 they are great. Another brand of budget pedals to look at is Daphon. I used to have a zoom multi effects thing, but found it too complicated to use, you have to do too much preparation for my liking. But you can pick them up on e bay for £20-£30 (sorry I don't know where waynesboro is to make currency conversions all prices are UK sterling)

The boss looks cheap, I always thought of boss pedals as the benchmark that other things are measured against

I may not be very good, but I just love it

ReplyQuote
(@youngrawker)
Trusted Member

the Boss DS-1 is suposta' be a pretty decent pedal for the price. If your looking for distortion for Metal stuff, then you might not want that, but its pretty good for just rock and grunge.

I think Kurt Cobain from Nirvana actually used the same pedal or something similar to it.

ReplyQuote
(@rocker)
Noble Member

a distortion pedal will definatley help 8)

even god loves rock-n-roll

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member

I would invest in a cheap distortion pedal, as it sounds like your amp wasn't made to distort to the levels you are looking for. If you can find one, the Arion Tubulator is actually supposed to be a good pedal for the price.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would try a equalizer and distorion pedal. That way you can have more control over the tone.

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Never *ever* use a DS1 on anything but a *good* amp or you'll be in the Land of SuperShrillSounds. I personally think distortion/overdrive is part of the basic sound of your amp. If you need pedals to get the basics right something is seriously wrong.

ReplyQuote