Clear all

How to stay SANE while running PA

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@leear)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Most of you know sometimes doing PA work can be a headache, bad cables, things go wrong you know the usual. Also in my case atleast you get those jobs that well... You'd rather not have, example this weekend I'm doing a "American Idol" for the local high school.. Great means i'll probably be pulling my hair out over bands and singers who the majority can't sing that well.(not that its their fault some people just can't sing.. I'm one of them, thats why i play guitar). Anyway I found out the most interesting way to keep my head on straight through these hard times.

Make eye contact with someone on stage and start making faces dancing funny just being a idot and see if you can get them to laugh.. lol even maybe screw up.. I know i'm mean but you got to have fun in life.

Something else interesting to make a band vocals better (if drummer sings too)s put the drummers vocals in his monitor on a post fader then take him out the main mix he'll never know and it will clean it up so good. Its hard to find a good singing drummer i know very few I think 3 personally. Of course there is the guy from "The Band" and a few other professionals but you knwo what I mean.

Ok I'm done just felt like I had to say that

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location