Skip to content
I sold my soul for ...

Notifications
Clear all

I sold my soul for a Marshall Half Stack!

27 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Yep I gone and done it now!

I went out and sold every amp I had. (Fender Champ 12 Redknob, Epiphone Valve Jr Head and Avatar Cab, Tech21 Trademark 30) For none other than the most awesome sounding amp I have ever heard!

A Marshall JCM800 2204 (50 Watt Master Volume Head). With a modified Marshall Cab! It has two green backs and two V30s! The cab is very well balanced as well. I use this amp with my entire SLEW of pedals and my modded LP for everything!

If you have never stood in front of a Marshall Half Stack cranked to the max then you must try it at least once.

I am a marshall believer now!

GN's resident learning sponge, show me a little and I will soak it up.

(@dagwood)
Noble Member

I'm GREEN with EnVY!! :)

Congrats

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Research is what I'm doing when I don't know what I'm doing. - Wernher Von Braun (1912-1977)

ReplyQuote
(@nottheguy)
Estimable Member

Well done. I'm north of Atlanta - point her south, crank her up, and I'll go outside!

Its a great thing when you realize you still have the ability to surprise yourself.

ReplyQuote
(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Funny - we both sold our TM30s within a couple weeks of each other.

Congrats on the new amp!

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@robbie)
Honorable Member

Awesome dude! Go with your spirit... My Bud has a Marshall 1/2 I never tell him but it sounds like it should.Still waitng for my EVJ head.. only play in the basement a Marshall 1/2 would be way too much..Do you use an attenuator?
Robbie

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Enjoy your new Marshall!

But I think I'll hang onto my soul.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Congrats! How about some sound clips? 8) :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Another one hooked. There's no turning back now. Put a mic in front of it and add around 756 ms delay at the consule. have fun.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I actually tried it tonight with a SM57 off axis on a simple little 1x12 V30 and it sounded darn good with a bit of delay from my BOSS DD2.

I must say I do enjoy having something that can move this much air! Really makes me feel alot more confident in my playing.

I should have some soundclips soon!

ReplyQuote
(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I must say I do enjoy having something that can move this much air! Really makes me feel alot more confident in my playing.

I have a different experience with my "big" amp. Not a Marshall half-stack, but a plexi-50-ish head I built w/ a 2x12 cab. So a quarter-stack I guess. The thing is so freaking loud that I'm afraid to play it, because when I screw up, I screw up - REALLY LOUDLY. But it sounds so very good when I can manage to play well....

TZ

ReplyQuote
(@corbind)
Noble Member

Congrats on your Marshall. I think I'd have to sell my car to afford one of those!

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Wow Flashback, that is THE Marshall amp. Bet it sounds awesome.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@flashback)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=595638

SOUNDCLIPS!

Details on what I used on the page. But I just simply miced the 4x12 cab with a Shure SM57(think thats the right model). Just a tid bit off axis.

enjoy.

(it took me forever to play clip 1 right...)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Flash,

Sounds awesome and great playing!

That's the tone I want when I grow up!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@pvtele)
Reputable Member

See why it had to be a Marshall, Flash! Just wouldn't be the same with anything else...

It'd warm the cockles of Jim Marshall's heart to hear those clips 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2