Clear all

In Ear Monitors

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@jtb226)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I'm in the process of shopping for some decent in ear monitors. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I'm the lead/only guitarist in my band and need something where I can be able to adjust the levels of my guitar myself. I was looking at the Shure PSM 200 as a baseline. It has the 2 inputs with 2 split outs so I could run from the mic on my guitar cabinet to the Shure, to the snake. Then get a monitor mix from FOH and run that into the other side.

However, I don't know if the PSM 200 is a decent unit or not.

I was also looking at the PSM 400, PSM 600 (I like the metal chassis on the transmitter and receiver), Carvin PM1000, Galaxy AnySpot AS1000, and Sennheiser ew300IEM.

How does the Sennheiser compare to the Shure models? The Galaxy?

Does anyone have any experience with any of these that they could provide? I'm a regularly gigging musician and would call myself semi-pro. We play bars and clubs, up to a pretty decent size, and are looking to book even bigger places in the near future.

I've tried to look up a how-to-buy on Google, but wasn't able to find anything. Thanks for all your help!

"Heavy decibels are playing on my guitar
We got vibrations comin' up from the floor
We're just listenin' to the rock
That's givin' too much noise....
Rock and roll ain't noise pollution"
~AC/DC

(@leear)
Honorable Member

I'm in the same boat I believe I'm purchasing the PSM 400. Now Senhieser is IMHO way better than Shure anyday. But they are pricey beyond my budget. Shure is an industry standard and can be trusted though. I thought about the PSM 200, but what I don't like is the inputs are in the front. I want my unit rack mounted with inputs in the back. I plan on sending a FOH mix into mine with a bit more of my guitar VIA and extra AUX send on my mixer. IEM's are the trickiest thing to mix they literally ahve to be just right I'm not sure about Galaxy or Carvin. Galaxy makes great PPMs and listening assistance devieces i know th atmuch.

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote