Clear all

Is this one of the best octave pedals?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@corbind)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

A buddy just asked me if I want to go in on buying a bass and bass amp.  I told him no way and that I'd rather just use a guitar octave pedal.  What is the "best" one out there?  This is the most expensive one at Musician's Friend so I imagine there is some correlation to price and quality.  Let me know what octave pedals are the best if you can,

Dennis  :-)

MXR M88

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/sid=040329115603012026200121838752/g=home/search/detail/base_pid/151108/

"Nothing...can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts."

(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Corbind,
I'm going to move you down to amps and efx and see if you get responses there.
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

I use a BOSS OC-2, which gives you one and 2 octaves below what your playing, though it can only handle single notes and some of the lower frets don't sound too good when you play them. Personally I like it, but I'd say it would be best to try some out in a store if you can find them.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

OC-2's rock.

Mines a bit sluggish at times, but i think it adds character :)

And, yeah, great, never let me down and its about 8years old and been gigged by others so, go get one! :D

Chalmodo :)

ReplyQuote