Clear all

Isn't it annoying...

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@omega)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Isn't it annoying when you get the oppurtunity to do a gig, and you get told you don't need to bring your own amps, and then you turn up to find that all you have to play through is a 20 watt practise amp. This has happened to me twice out of all three times I've played live :(.

Somnium Dulcis.

(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

You can't let it bother you. Your talent is in your head and fingers, not your amp. It always makes me smile when I hear a story about some musical luminary using some kid's P.O.S. instrument to do a little on-the-spot entertaining. We should all be so gracious and confident. Just take note and next time BYOA as a "backup."

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Isn't it annoying when you get the oppurtunity to do a gig, and you get told you don't need to bring your own amps, and then you turn up to find that all you have to play through is a 20 watt practise amp. This has happened to me twice out of all three times I've played live :(.

Not really. I usually bring my 15 watt Vox as a backup anyway. You'll find that quite a few venues prefer that you use the house equipment. The sound techs have it "dialed in" for the FOH sound, and it simplifies their job. Besides - a lot of times they'll work your equipment in IF you ask nicely, and IF it's not too complex a setup. Mine's pretty simple nowadays: Guitar -> Tonelab SE -> PA/amp/whatever.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote