Clear all

It sounded like a big fart so I got GAS

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well after 78 days of waiting for my Peavey Valveking then getting it back, it sounded like a big fart. I tried every trick under the sun to get this thing to sound good(really sounded like a normal Valveking). Anyway, not going into the hell I went through to get it back, but just wasn't my sound.

Now the gas.... Hopefully my new Blackherat head and cab will be here tomorrow :mrgreen:

(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

yes. this is the wacky world of guitar and tone.
oh why do we do it? :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Let us know how you like the Black Heart. Maybe some sound clips/vids? 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Congrats and send us the pictures and the clips! 8)

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Well its on the truck for delievery. Sure let me get it figured out and played for a few days, ya know, speaker broke in a bit and tone figured out. I will toss something out there.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I've been looking at some of there amps so I'm looking forward to hearing one and enjoy the new amp! :D

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Wow, I love it. Still playing with the settings, the attenuator, and OD pedal. It certainly will do classic rock very well. Makes my Valveking sound like its playing, burried in a large puddle of of mud. To bad about the Valveking. I thing if they would have stuck a bias pot in there, some el84's(better quality tubes in gereral) and a way better speaker, it would have been way better.

Oh yeah, remember my attenuator build? Some how I screwed up the bypass. Gotta take it back apart and fix that, but it really works well other then that.

ReplyQuote