Clear all

Just got a Fender acoustasonic JR

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@kachman)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Got this amp on ebay... it's the first amp i've got and its long overdue since i've had my Takamine acoustic/electric guitar for almost a year! Anyway, I think it sounds great and its easy to dial in a sound you like. There are not many effects (just chorus and reverb), but for now I don't need that much anyway.

The only problem I have is that there is a 9/16" hex nut missing from the instrument 1/4" jack and so the jack is able to move around slightly when the guitar chord moves. I get some noise when I move around sometimes and I think this might be the problem - maybe some folks here with some experience with this can confirm?

http://www.myspace.com/kachman

(@jonnyt)
Reputable Member

You might be on to something there. Find the nut, put it on, and see what happens.

E doesn't = MC2, E = Fb

Music "Theory"? "It's not just a theory, it's the way it is!"

Jonny T.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Most music shops keep lots of miscellaneous parts like this. That nut is pretty standard.
Stop by and pick one up as soon as possible. You could break the solder inside and have your sound cut in and out on you.

If they don't have one, try a TV or Radio repair shop or a hardware store. But fix it properly as soon as possible.

Oh, and congrats on the new amp. Fender makes great amps, I'm sure you will love it.

Have fun!

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote