Clear all

Latest Aquisition....

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

I had a Peavey Classic 30 which I loved but was wasted with me. I only play at home so it was WAY too loud so I sold it to someone who can use it to its full potential..
I replaced it with this BWM Chimp 5 watt class A tube amp.
I never played through a Epiphone Valve Junior but apparently these are just as good but it comes with all the "Mods" done...
eg.....
1/ 5.6watts output switchable to 1.9watts
2/ built in attenuator
3/ 8ohm out to speaker cabinets
4/ standby switch
5/ headphone jack
The Ebay site has some sound clips but they are just mucking round (don't know why?)
I don't know what their obsession is with monkeys though :?: :lol:
Anyway, I am happy.....
Keith

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/GUITAR-AMP-CLASS-A-5-WATT-ALL-VALVE-BRAND-NEW-BWM-CHIMP_W0QQitemZ250334095050QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Amplifiers?hash=item250334095050&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A1|39%3A1|240%3A1318

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A BIG WHITE MONKEY ALL VALVE 5WATT TWEED CHIMP AMP.AMPS BUILT BY MONKEYS FOR MONKEYS:

SPECIFICATIONS:

POWER:

5.6watts output switchable to 1.9watts in triode mode you can now make those valves scream without waking the neighbours.IF THATS TOO LOUD(Believe me 1.9watts may sound weak but in valve amps its anything but)You can then use the built in attenuator to lower the volume on the speaker whilst still running the valves hot.This is a single ended Class A all valve amp,do not confuse this with a cheap transistor.The valves used are one 6L6 and one 12AX7.This amp also uses a high quality Toroid transformer and military grade capacitors.All this power is pushed out through a 6.5inch speaker but also has a 8ohm out to speaker cabinets if required.This is a beast in tweed clothing.Also has a headphone socket for mini jack earphones.

CONTROLS:

Power on/off with standby switch as all valves need to warm before switching directly on,a lot of similar amps on the market from the BIG manufacturers do not supply this and it is usually fitted later as a modification,helps to extend the life of the valves.

GAIN: Turd

TONE: Peanut

VOLUME: Banana

REAR:

Pentode/Triode switch 5.6 watts to 1.9watts.Built in attenuator and external 8ohm speaker socket.

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

(@slejhamer)
Famed Member

Looks cool! 8)

"Everybody got to elevate from the norm."

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

"Here they come, walking down the street, get the funniest looks from everyone they meet..." :P

Very cool little amp! Congrats & enjoy! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i had an 80 watter that's too loud for when other people are home, but i wouldn't think a 30 watter would be wayyy too loud.

ReplyQuote
(@guitar_guy)
Eminent Member

Cool. Reminds me of an amp a friend used to use. Very nice.

http://www.jammingbudz.com/jamming-space/GuitarGuy

ReplyQuote
(@kblake)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

i had an 80 watter that's too loud for when other people are home, but i wouldn't think a 30 watter would be wayyy too loud.

Jason,
I suppose it depend on where you live....
I am in a unit and could not turn it up to get that good tube crunch.
Was 80 watt a tube amp?
Keith

I know a little bit about a lot of things, but not a lot about anything...
Looking for people to jam with in Sydney Oz.......

ReplyQuote
(@sin-city-sid)
Prominent Member

I laughed at the video's :lol:

ReplyQuote