Clear all

Little Help Please with Amps im lost!

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@ryansmelliott)
Topic starter  

Ok im new here so Hello =D and my brain is about to fry if i keep Google'ing

i need a bit of help picking up a new amp i have used an 80Watt Peavey Bandit 112 transtube series for the past 2/3 years and im looking to get a nice new one i have been looking at the Vox NT15H Night Train with the V112NT Cab

i have gigged a lot with the Peavey and its been more then load enough

all im trying to ask is will the Vox be the same or not as loud i know this might be a silly thing to be asking but really know nothing about Amps and people say Tube Amps are louder! Sorry for sounding THICK LOL

Thank You

(@moonrider)
Noble Member

Ok im new here so Hello =D and my brain is about to fry if i keep Google'ing

i need a bit of help picking up a new amp i have used an 80Watt Peavey Bandit 112 transtube series for the past 2/3 years and im looking to get a nice new one i have been looking at the Vox NT15H Night Train with the V112NT Cab

i have gigged a lot with the Peavey and its been more then load enough

all im trying to ask is will the Vox be the same or not as loud i know this might be a silly thing to be asking but really know nothing about Amps and people say Tube Amps are louder! Sorry for sounding THICK LOL

Thank You

It depends on whether you run miked or unmiked. 15 watts is plenty loud enough unmiked for dirty rock/blues in a small club (capacity 100 or less). If you need clean, you'll want some headroom.

I do 99% of my gigs with a 15 watt tube amp.If I'm outdoors I may bring my 40 watt '59 Bassman. maybe. If I feel like hauling that heavy thing. I'm miked up for just about every show though.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

ReplyQuote