Clear all

Live mandolin sound

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@threegtrz)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

I have a Rogue electric / acoustic mandolin. The few times I have tried to use this in a live setting, there have been significant noise issues and the actual signal is much fainter then I would like. The mando shipped with a sealed single-coil pickup. Right now, I am merely plugging the mandolin into my guitar amp. Would replacing the pickup help with the noise while boosting my signal?

(@leear)
Honorable Member

well from doing a few bluegrass festivals this year i've learned about the mandolin a bit. Several had the acoustic/electric ones. With a DI box straight into the system and the gain pushed alot it worked, but i had to watch the other players volumes.

best advice get a good mic.... Audix F15, Shure 81, MXL 991, even a SM57 and put it for you mandolin. If you ring out the pa and be careful with placement feedback will not be an issue. Or another trick i learned that day. A good lapel mic placed inside the F-Hole does a decent job, it gets it done i would not recommend it unless you just have a lapel mic laying around. :wink:

No matter where you go.... There You are! Law of Location

ReplyQuote