Clear all

Loop Sampler pedal?

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@mattypretends116)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

Does anyone know where I can get a loop sampler for live use. I'm getting into solo gigging more and more and would like to swtart looping progressions so I can solo during songs. My friend has the Line 6 delay mod. , which has 12 sec of loop memory and a plethora of delay fx for $250, but is there a pedal available which is just a loop sampler?The amp I use has on board fx (which I don't really use in the first place), so I would rather spend less on just a loop vereus paying for stuff I don't really need. I've looked around and haven't seen anything, has anyone seen anything different?

Thanks very much,
Matt

"Contrary to popular belief, Clapton is NOT God. The prospect that he is God probably had a large hand in driving him to drugs and booze. Thanks everyone."

-Guitar World :lol:

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

Roland SDE-1000 Digital will allow for an option to place a phares on hold and then allow you  to play another rhythm or lead along with it. Almost sound on sound.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@davec)
Trusted Member

There's the BOSS RC-20, gives 4-5 mins of time to record with 10 phrases to select... can also change the tempo of what you've recorded to it, have it play things back in reverse, over-dubbing. Though it isn't cheap, cost me £200.

"And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's bugger all down here on earth." - Eric Idle, The Galaxy Song.

ReplyQuote
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

The Boomerang (a.k.a. 'Rang) is another of the popular performance loopers.

I own the RC-20 and the Line 6 DL-4.

The RC-20 is great for practice, but a little clumsy for live use. However, I don't have any of the extra control pedals. These might make switching loops easier.

I find the DL-4 easier to use live, but it will support only about 28 seconds max time in lower quality (but adequate) mode.

There is another brand that is highly rated, but I cannot recall the name -- newer, pricier and rackmount.

No good solution is cheap.

-=tension & release=-

ReplyQuote