Clear all

Loose Input Jack

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Has anyone else had a loose input for there Behringer Amp Before? The jack is loose enough so that its actually touching something metal inside and causing a hum, and when you wiggle the jack when plugged in and the hum goes away, and it pops, etc.

I can't get to the input from the inside of the amp, just the front.

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

(@racetruck1)
Honorable Member

I've seen it before and what I've done is to get a thin pair of needle nose pliers and stick them into the jack. (Carefully, with the amp unplugged!) I then open up the pliers and tighten up the nut. Then put a little clear nail polish on the nut and threads to keep it tight.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming......
like the passengers in his car.

ReplyQuote
(@duffmaster)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I didn't touch the amp until today. When I unplugged the cable that was in it, the input fell into the amp. Now I can't get at it at all.

What do I do?

Who needs a signature?
I mean really...
It's almost always lyrics...
or a cliche...
or garbage about me...
Lets just save YOU from the pain, ok?

ReplyQuote
(@kent_eh)
Noble Member

I didn't touch the amp until today. When I unplugged the cable that was in it, the input fell into the amp. Now I can't get at it at all.

What do I do?

What I'd do is go get a small Phillips screwdriver, and open it up.
But that's me.
You may be a bit more squeamish around naked electronics :wink:

On my GM108 there are a couple of small screws on the back near the top that appear to be holding the electronics package into the top of the amp cabinet.
I'd start by un-plugging the power, then removing those screws (being careful not to loose hold of them, lest the speaker's magnet grab them), and see if the electronics will slide out the back.

I wrapped a newspaper ’round my head
So I looked like I was deep

ReplyQuote