Notifications
Clear all

Marshall 100DFX AMP sound faded/gone

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@metaliking4)
Topic starter  

So the problem I'm having actually happened before, and it was covered under warranty and I had it repaired for free, but now it has reoccured and my warranty is finally up. Basically when trying to play the sound is really faded away. There are sometimes when it will return to its normal sound and play fine, but as of right now its been faded for about a week. I have to turn the volume all the way up to 10 just to hear it at a low level. Anyone know what the problem can be. I trouble shooted with another guitar and cable and the asme thing was happening...any ideas...thank you!

(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Did they give any indication what they repaired under warranty, or did they just say "Here it is back, it's fixed"?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@metaliking4)
Topic starter  

yeah pretty much said here it's fixed... and the problem came back about a year later

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I can't help much technically with a solid state amp, other than to note that they're subject to the same problems with loose jacks, dirty "pots" and switches as tube amps. Check those things out, give 'em a shot of tuner cleaner spray inside the back of the pots and work 'em back and forth. Maybe it'll help.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@metaliking4)
Topic starter  

well thanks ill try that and see what happens

ReplyQuote
(@yashicamat)
Reputable Member

Just another thought, and I know it's an obvious one, but what state are your cables in? I find that often sound goes very quiet if a cable is on it's way out, as you get a poor connection. If this happens at the amp end, where there is little movement usually (my amp doesn't move so the cable there is practically stationary) then if it bent to a poor position it'd stay? :?:

Rob

Rob

If something's not worth doing it's worth forgetting about.
Epiphone Les Paul Std - Yamaha Pacifica 112XJ - Takamine EG340SC - Taylor Baby - Grainger Hammerhead 50 - Grainger Valve Five
http://www.youtube.com/yashicamatonline

ReplyQuote