Clear all

Marshall VS232 price?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

I am really pleased with my Marshall VS232, and it cost me £340 as a reduced price nearly 2yrs ago, it's got 2x12inch goldback speakers stereo 2x30 watt etc and the price sticker that was on it before being reduced wa £460

but?

Anyone any ideas why the price of the VS232 is much more than the modern more recent valstate amps that also include effects etc? and have I bought a worse amp for more cash?

I've searched the net and can't find much info on the VS232's series.

(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I would think because it has twin 30-Watt Valvestate power stages, mid-range Contour control, Stereo Chorus. Doesn't it also have 12ax7's in the pre-amp, some of the newer valuestate amps don't, they use emulated tube tone.

It was a worthy investment, it will give you plenty of options for dialing in some sound and tone.

joe

ReplyQuote
(@gary-j-foreman)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

forrik,

yes, it does sound great to me and seems quite loud considering it's only 2x30, I am happy with it for sure, the 12ax7's in the pre-amp I am not sure at all what it's got in it hence that part of my post trying to find out more, but I notice that the Vox tonelabs SE has those in their effect floorboard pedal I saw in a Guitar mag, and at the link below, is that what could be in my Marshall to make it sound so nice?

Thanks for replying

gaz.

ooops forgot the 12ax7 link on the vox pedalboard
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/products/tonelab/tonelab_se.htm

ReplyQuote