Clear all

Massively cool effect

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

I saw a great jazz combo the other day, and one of the things that blew me away was the guitarists tone.

He was playing through an old MusicMan, but he was switching it to a Leslie cab, the rotating horn made his sound come out sounding just exactly like a trumpet (though he said it sounded like an organ, I say trumpet, and I'm writing this so I'm right :). It was an amazing effect and really blew me away.

So, if any of you guys are looking for a really cool way to shape your sound, using an old organ cab might just be what you're looking for. I know I would never have considered it before, but I've definitely got my eye out for one now!

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

(@Anonymous)

Or get a univibe pedal :D

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Or get a univibe pedal :D

I've heard those, not the same thing.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

But they were invented to emulate the sound of a Leslie.

Anyways, I haven't tried either of those but would love to. Can anyone recommend a particular leslie or univibe pedal?

ReplyQuote
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Yeah, a Leslie is hard to beat, but who wants to carry that cab around? :D I can get a close enough effect with a stereo chorus pedal, it suits my tastes just fine. Definantly not the "real thing", but similar. I like the chorus better than the Univibe too, just my personal preference.

ReplyQuote
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member

Almost every univibe i've played is really boring and dull. Its hard to get that tone.

But yeah, the organist from my old church let me play through his leslie (going to a tube combo i think) and it was awesome. I was a terrible player back then but I could still hear the greatness of that tone.

But yeah, I still wouldnt want to lug a leslie around.

aka Izabella

ReplyQuote
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

Oh, they're definitely a hefty piece of gear, but the sound is just fantastic.

I really am gas'ing for one having heard it.

ReplyQuote