Notifications
Clear all

Mesa Duel Rectifier cleans?

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@bigdaddy234)
Topic starter  

Hey guys just wondering if anyone out there owns a duel rec and can tell me about the quality of the clean channel? I love the gain sounds from this amp but I also like to play bluesy clean stuff sometimes. Will this amp be able

Also, Does anyone know how to date these amps by there serial number?

Thanks.

(@havocdragon)
Trusted Member

I think you might mean a 'dual' rectifier :D

In any case I have never owned one of these but in my shopping for amps (which I have done quite a lot!) I have played through double and triple rectifiers before. The clean is OK. It certainly won't capture the warmth or clarity of some Fender amps or the like, but its not too bad sounding either. Quite a lot of pro guitarists (just look around online at pro guitarists rigs) will buy a Rectifier head and play them through a Marshall cab, which is funny cause you will see a lot of guitarists buy Marshall heads (JCM 800/900 or preamps) and run them through mesa boogie cabs...maybe these 2 companies should get together lol.

Anyways, my final 2 cents is middle of the road, but you can certainly use some EQ's, comps, and other effects pedals to help boost a bluesy sound out of em.

Many animals were harmed in the making of this signature.

ReplyQuote